Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha love the mindset of this forum. Improving the process of a multi story beer bong. "You're doing it wrong!"

You realize how many engineers there are on here, don't you? :D

Courtesy of MSN (that bastion of well-researched journalism):

1415367770485.jpg

let's get back to this multi-story beer funnel. I think it would be a good idea to put a 1" king nipple & ball valve on the end. what should the first run be? I'm thinking either RIS or Ol' E.

Our first run on it was Guinness to get it the funk out of our cooler. Now that I think of it, I wonder if you could Freedom Funnel alternating beers like a black and tan. Neat.

Nah, the mindset of those who would use a multiple story beer bong is the same one that uses nose grease to kill the head. Head retention does not matter, so just run some veggie oil through it first

I just threw up in my mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nah, the mindset of those who would use a multiple story beer bong is the same one that uses nose grease to kill the head. Head retention does not matter, so just run some veggie oil through it first

Besides that veggie oil would help coat the stomach for that gallon or two of swill that will descend the hose and fill the stomach in approximately 8.2 seconds.

I thought about a ball valve, but was worried about creating foam from the transition of hose to barb to valve.

we could do 8' of 30" pipe, a 30" by 20" eccentric reducer (to keep it close to the wall), 8'4" of 20" pipe with a 20" by 8" eccentric reducer, then we can make an 8" by 1 1/2" concentric reducer @ 18" long reducing at 10" with a 1 1/2" thread o-let/close nipple/ball valve/threaded king nipple on the end to connect the drinking hose to. I can make a set of flanges for a butterfly valve to go between the concentric and eccentric reducer and turn it into a Randal for that extra hop punch. we'll need to make a lid for the 30" end so birds don't fall in.

we could do 8' of 30" pipe, a 30" by 20" eccentric reducer (to keep it close to the wall), 8'4" of 20" pipe with a 20" by 8" eccentric reducer, then we can make an 8" by 1 1/2" concentric reducer @ 18" long reducing at 10" with a 1 1/2" thread o-let/close nipple/ball valve/threaded king nipple on the end to connect the drinking hose to. I can make a set of flanges for a butterfly valve to go between the concentric and eccentric reducer and turn it into a Randal for that extra hop punch. we'll need to make a lid for the 30" end so birds don't fall in.

If you want any of that in pvc, swing by my work and we'll work it out.

That much reduction with that much weight on top will turn it into a pressure washer. We'd better start thinking about a hose shoved up the nose and into the stomach to relieve air while being forced fed that much beer, that fast!

That much reduction with that much weight on top will turn it into a pressure washer. We'd better start thinking about a hose shoved up the nose and into the stomach to relieve air while being forced fed that much beer, that fast!

the flow will slow when pushed through the 8x1 1/2 Randal. that's gonna be a lot of hops.

With that diameter it's gonna be like a fire hose. That'll flow about 100 gpm.

Let's be realistic here, guys - with this much beer blasting under this much pressure, it just isn't feasible to expect one person to funnel all of it. What we're going to need is long line of eager college co-eds!

We had an octo-bong with 20 foot hoses (3/4" diameter) that each had release valves. Was a thing of beauty for houseboat trips

In the same vein, I'm building a drinking helmet that I was going to bust out at our party tonight, but it ended up cancelling. I'm really depressed :(

Back