Michelob Amber Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tankard

Reaction score
I know it's made by Budweiser, but this is a damn good beer as far as I'm concerned. I went camping with my wife at the end of July, and sitting around a campfire with this beer was one of the highlights of the trip for me.

Anybody else like this stuff? Or is my palate still not mature enough yet?

i LOVE when i happen to swing into a small town bar expecting to find just bud, MGD and miller lite on tap, and they happen to have Amber Bock on tap as well! its kind of a sign of relief.

to be honest its not a horrible brew, wouldnt be my first choice when picking up beer at the store, but when im in a bind and i want a cold tap and thats the best there is, its great!

It's actually pretty good, even though it is BMC. Pretty cheap too...you can get a 20 pack for like $10.

That's kind of how I feel about it. There's this great pizza parlor down the street from me that has GREAT pizza but a limited beer selection. They USED to have a great beer selection -beer from around the world. However, nowadays they have Miller, Bud, Coors, Heineken, and Michelob Amber Bock.

It's an EASY choice for me.

ScubaSteve, where do you find it that cheap? I paid $7.50 for a 6 pack!!

20 beers for $10, that's like Pabst or Natural Ice...

That's just off the top of my head. It's probably more like $12-15, but for 20 decent beers, that's still good. I get it from the grocery store.

Brew Dude said:
ScubaSteve, where do you find it that cheap? I paid $7.50 for a 6 pack!!

20 beers for $10, that's like Pabst or Natural Ice...

This used to be my college beer where my Natty chuggin' friends would exclaim, "how do you drink that dark stuff?"

I think I can get a 6-pack for $5.50 or $5 on sale + tax, but I haven't purchased it in a long time.

It's definitely one of my favorite BMC beers. The TGI Friday's around here used to have it on tap and that's what I almost always ordered, but the replaced it recently.

PseudoChef said:
This used to be my college beer where my Natty chuggin' friends would exclaim, "how do you drink that dark stuff?"

I think I can get a 6-pack for $5.50 or $5 on sale + tax, but I haven't purchased it in a long time.

Yep, this was definitely my college beer of choice for kegs. It was significantly cheaper than microbrew/import kegs.

This beer makes me crazy and gives the worst headaches in the world. ;) I used to drink it back in the day about four years ago, but don't personally enjoy the brew. I have crazy camping stories from drinking that stuff though. ;)

That's kinda strange.....Jim Beam, JD, Cuervo, maybe....but Amber Bock? :)

Back