The best session beer kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Undrtkr_00

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to place an order to Austin Homebrew Supply, and was looking at throwing in one of their session kits. There's too many to choose from! Can anyone recommend which ones are best? Any that are outstanding for a session beer?

I like a wide variety of beers, from pale to stout, so it's pretty tough to decide. I'd probably do the mini mash version of whatever it is.

I bottled the AHS Session Pale Ale a week ago so I haven't tasted it but man it sure smelled good!

For a session beverage, you can't go wrong with a nice wheat beer, IMHO. And they are pretty quick from grain to glass...

I hate to suggest another retailer, but I can't speak for AHB kits because I never used one. I now brew AG mostly, but I still brew this kit at least twice a year. It's even better with age, it is an absolutely amazing session beer.

Patersbier Extract Kit w/ Specialty Grains : Northern Brewer

Man you ain't kidding.... I wasn't much on Belgian yeast prior to brewing this beer, and I thought it might be a good way to learn to appreciate that style of yeast.... Boy did I ever... I brewed the AG version, but will be doing the extract version next just to see how the Pilsen lme ferments out, but what a fantastic session beer. I fermented at 64 and let it ramp to 72, and it tastes like NB said it would. I know you asked for AHS recos (and a great retailer they are) but at some point try this one if you haven't.

Im interested in the Patersbier kit from NB as well. I have done 2 extract kits and was planning on moving to AG with this and another kit. Does anyone know how it stacks up against the extract?

Another vote for Patersbier. I sometimes order 4 extract kits of this at one time.
When I think of session beer, Patersbier is the 1st beer that comes to mind.

I personally like to keep a bitter around for an everyday sort of beer. Nicely balanced, not too potent. Tons of flavor. I am currently drinking my own recipe, but had great luck with NB's SH2B

Back