What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd cup of coffee. In this state, the same bunch got re-elected for the most part. I hope the unions & related companies don't suffer. If my plant location closes, my pension could go by-by.

I wish I thought you were right. I think American voters are completely reactionary and don't put any thought into the future. I became a straight ticket voter a while ago. Used to try to pick the best person for the job... Now I just punch the button on the right and cast my ballot. I even vote against friends on the local stuff when I do it.

Second cup of factory coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I agree for the most part. I consider myself an independent but I think my beliefs are more in line with Libertarianism. I almost always vote Republican though because I consider them the lesser of 2 evils and dont want my vote for a Libertarian candidate to essentially be a vote for a demoncat. We really need a viable 3rd party in this country

That's definitely what we need. The libertarians are a viable alternative at least. I try to vote for the ones supporting the workin' folks. But even that gets tricky at best.

I hafta ask is this deli the best reuben you have found? The best I found was at Murphys in old town alexandria. I have been craving a reuben recently. May have to hit up the pub tonight.

And to stay on topic, coffee.

There's a number of places that make a decent reuben. It's not a hard sandwich to get right if the ingredients are quality. However, I have yet to find a place that does all three well (reuben, knish, and latke). At least locally.

Drinking tea.

Brewery Vivant Pumpkin Tart. Glad my choice for governor won and looks like the two states with idiodic GMO labling laws on the ballot will vote them down as they should.

I personally would like to know what's in my food before I buy it and labeling it is the right thing to do. Most people with any sense know what's good to eat and what's not but they are hiding behind the veil and sneaking chemical crap into things masquerading as a healthy alternative. I live in the south though so we'll never have anything labeled lol

I personally would like to know what's in my food before I buy it and labeling it is the right thing to do.

Agree with this but also feel like the labels aren't always truthful. They are skewed to present food as if it is more healthy than it is. I can't find it now, but there is a whole documentary on someone sending stuff to the lab, and the results are much different than what's on the label.

Drinking more coffee.

Breakfast beer.

20141105_092156[1].jpg

Coffee. Hagan is out. Bright new day.

While I agree whole heartedly, I am still concerned about Tilis. Was it just the lesser or two evils? I don't have school-aged children and I am not in college myself, but his supposed plans for education were worrisome. Again, it is hard to tell what will happen though. Anyway, at least it wasn't Hagan again and Aiken didn't win so I guess he'll have to go back to being a man whore or whatever he did last year. :D

The day after election day is most certainly an interesting day.

Water. Post walk.

Agree with this but also feel like the labels aren't always truthful. They are skewed to present food as if it is more healthy than it is. I can't find it now, but there is a whole documentary on someone sending stuff to the lab, and the results are much different than what's on the label.

Drinking more coffee.

I've seen that too unfortunately..so I make most of my food and just don't buy frozen it just sucks that we have NO right to know right now and every other civilized country on the planet has laws that let them know and even ban certain ingredients.

While I agree whole heartedly, I am still concerned about Tilis. Was it just the lesser or two evils? I don't have school-aged children and I am not in college myself, but his supposed plans for education were worrisome. Again, it is hard to tell what will happen though. Anyway, at least it wasn't Hagan again and Aiken didn't win so I guess he'll have to go back to being a man whore or whatever he did last year. :D

The day after election day is most certainly an interesting day.

Water. Post walk.

SWMBO has reservations about Tillis as well, but being a senator, he won't be influencing state education as much as when he was as a state politician. And Hagan did break a promise she made to SWMBO's trade association...always thought she was all talk, no action. At least teachers got a raise and higher starting pay in NC under Tillis...something Hagan could never seem to deliver, despite promises. And Clay Aiken comes in 2nd place AGAIN...American Idol, The Apprentice, and now: Congress. Always a bridesmade....

Having a small sample of my partial mash/extract American Amber with Cascade hops that were picked locally. Bittering was fresh, vac seal in jars and frozen. Aroma was mostly dried on the bines and finished drying at home, in the attic. They were brown, but still smelled great. I don't think this particular beer would be a contender in a competition, but I think it's going to be entirely drinkable. Dry hopping will be done Friday...maybe bottling Sunday.

DSC06252.jpg

I've seen that too unfortunately..so I make most of my food and just don't buy frozen it just sucks that we have NO right to know right now and every other civilized country on the planet has laws that let them know and even ban certain ingredients.

As far as GMO labels, you already have a option if you want to avoid them, its called organic. Also known as more expensive for no reason. I think I need more Earl Grey its gonna be a long day ugh

I agree for the most part. I consider myself an independent but I think my beliefs are more in line with Libertarianism. I almost always vote Republican though because I consider them the lesser of 2 evils and dont want my vote for a Libertarian candidate to essentially be a vote for a demoncat. We really need a viable 3rd party in this country

96 percent of the time I don't coat for anyone, I vote against the incumbent, of course in this state I can count on one hand with room to spare how many times I've picked a winner.

Water. So I'm sitting in a doctors office and this woman next to me is blasting a sermon on her cell phone. No headphones...just playing through the speaker. If she starts yelling anything I'm out of here. The look on another person's face waiting is classic. If I thought I could get away with it, I'd record a video.

Wait, now she has snacks. I think I'll stay and move closer. I am hungry.

96 percent of the time I don't coat for anyone, I vote against the incumbent, of course in this state I can count on one hand with room to spare how many times I've picked a winner.

So many people vote the familiar name that why people like Strom Thurmond gets elected so many times that by the end of his carreer it was like having a walker from walking dead in the senate.

Water with lunch.

Caught someone taking a selfie at the gym. So, being the a-hole that I am, I took one as the fat bastard was standing there fiddling with his phone. Today's work day stinks, BTW.

Only good thing about jury duty is the Filipino restaurants near the courthouse. Another coffee now, as I prepare to sit here for another few hours...

I went off my regulatory scheduled lunch program and had 3 tacos with water. Then chugged a 12 oz bottle of my india red ale. Boy does that taste change when it is 34º as opposed to 42º. I'm fairly surprised.

Meeting soon and back to the water. Figured I ****ed up my day with the tacos so drinking today/tonight will commence.

All your missing is a white glove to use and challenge people to duels.

Water catching up on what yall drunks did yesterday.

Haha...I should buy one just in case.

Drinking coffee at work. I only go to the office 2 or 3 times a month and each time, I have the same thoughts.

"**** I hate traffic!
**** I can't imagine doing this every day!
**** I hate these people!
**** I'd rather be drinking a beer!"

Water for now. I love that my homebrew club meetings are being held at my LHBS now. I can call in an order and pay for it over the phone so it is ready to pick-up after we're done tasting beers tonight! :mug:

Water for now. I love that my homebrew club meetings are being held at my LHBS now. I can call in an order and pay for it over the phone so it is ready to pick-up after we're done tasting beers tonight! :mug:

I bet your LHBS loves that too.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415221979.998771.jpg
Old Brown Dog while getting my ass kicked in Battleship by a 9 year old

I wasn't going to drink beer today. But then @coldcrash posted one.

Back