What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 3 1/2 year old galberry mead followed by a 3 yr old tupelo mead that took first. Haven't tried either in a year and wow they are tasty for sure. Ready to make several more. Including an almond honey mead

nedvalton said:
A 3 1/2 year old galberry mead followed by a 3 yr old tupelo mead that took first. Haven't tried either in a year and wow they are tasty for sure. Ready to make several more. Including an almond honey mead

Damn. Wish I was drinking that. All I have right now is Sam octoberfest.

image-2956120869.jpg

CCB Jai-Alai

NIZZLE said:
Hey if you feeling nice maybe one will find it's way up Michigan ;-)

I think you can expect to have a "close encounter" with an alien stout. ;)

JTTX80 said:
Imperial stout kinda weekend.

I love that stuff! Despite the comment at the bottom of the can, I'm pretty sure it would go great with donuts.

WesleyS said:
I love that stuff! Despite the comment at the bottom of the can, I'm pretty sure it would go great with donuts.

Yeah, it's pretty delicious, the Alien stout tastes similar, if a little sweeter.

NIZZLE said:
I been looking for that.good ya?

For sure worth a try. It strikes a real nice balance between sweet and roast. Most of the roastiness is from the beans.

nukebrewer said:
Having another Swagger and on a whim I decided to take a sample of my American barleywine that's been bulk conditioning for seven months. It's tasting pretty good so I figure I'll be dry hopping it before the year is out. I just still haven't decided which variety I am going to use. Probably Cascade or US Goldings.

Im a fan of northern brewer in barleywines

Conan simcoe Vienna

Note to self... Add simple sugar to dry it out. Sweet and fruity is good but tad more sweet than I was going for need a touch more alcohol bite with Conan.

ForumRunner_20130810_221533.png

Drank a Ruination earlier, a dfh Black and Blue, and an awesome peach beer (cant remember the name) and several other craft bombers today while celebrating an uncle's bday. Now enjoying a strawberry blonde while watching stars on the beach while on vacation! Shared homebrews with the family and everyone enjoyed them at the party! Giddyup!

nukebrewer said:
Yay Gandhi! I feel sorry for anyone outside of CT, though Resin is a passable substitute. ;)

I have to disagree brother. Resin isn't a passable substitute! I guess I could have had old Resin and that's why I think so poorly of it. Ghandi Bot is up there in a league of its own.

I have to disagree brother. Resin isn't a passable substitute! I guess I could have had old Resin and that's why I think so poorly of it. Ghandi Bot is up there in a league of its own.

Perhaps you did have old stuff. The Resin I get here in CT isn't that far below Gandhi, or Heady for that matter.

Perhaps you did have old stuff. The Resin I get here in CT isn't that far below Gandhi, or Heady for that matter.

I love resin, but I prefer gandhi. HT is great as well but with its cult following, I think I'd still rather have a gandhi.

But most days I settle for Baxter ipa because none of the above are regulars at my bottle shop. Just resin from time to time. I really do enjoy the baxter though, it's quite tasty.

Don't get me wrong, I like Resin - but it's hyped a little more than it should be (maybe because of the style of can it comes in or because it's an NYC brewery?)).

I'll take Gandhi any day over Resin.

Speaking of which, today is a Gandhi day. Going to smash some stripers later this evening on the Grady. Feels like I'm in Maine this morning. Fook, it's cold.

Remmy said:
Don't get me wrong, I like Resin - but it's hyped a little more than it should be (maybe because of the style of can it comes in or because it's an NYC brewery?)).

I'll take Gandhi any day over Resin.

Speaking of which, today is a Gandhi day. Going to smash some stripers later this evening on the Grady. Feels like I'm in Maine this morning. Fook, it's cold.

Just getting out of work its friggin cold in NYC as well. Still haven't had Ghandi would love to get my hands on some. I am a big fan of sea hag and I enjoy dipas.

I definitely don't worry about what beer is hyped up and what beer isn't. I just purchase my 4 pks of resin and enjoy the delicious buzz that comes with them.

Back