What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah yes my few years as a meat cutter will be unlearned. Just odd to see the tail and fat cap cut off

Yeah, I'm not sure I will go to this butcher with my next beef cow, he cut the eye out of all the ribeye, and trimmed everything all wonky too. I cut meat for awhile in high school, maybe I should just have them quarter it and take it that way. Swmbo would LOVE that

IPA I helped a buddy brew when he wanted to get back into brewing and go all grain. I'm not sure he was paying attention when I talked about the importance of sanitation....

image-908656352.jpg

IPA I helped a buddy brew when he wanted to get back into brewing and go all grain. I'm not sure he was paying attention when I talked about the importance of sanitation....

Who needs sanitation, just do what all the pros do, get an infection, then sell it as a wild/sour brew and pretend like you meant to.

Channel66 said:
Yeah, I'm not sure I will go to this butcher with my next beef cow, he cut the eye out of all the ribeye, and trimmed everything all wonky too. I cut meat for awhile in high school, maybe I should just have them quarter it and take it that way. Swmbo would LOVE that

Really? Cause my neighbor raises cattle and whenever I'm cutting up a pig I always look at those cows and think how happy I am it's not a cow. Without ceiling hooks and such I'd imagine even 1/4 beef is hard to handle.

Channel66 said:
Who needs sanitation, just do what all the pros do, get an infection, then sell it as a wild/sour brew and pretend like you meant to.

I saw a sour mash pale ale yesterday and tasted a $9 / 8oz pour dubbel with bugs and cherries from Oskar blues that only morbid curiosity and a desire to figure out what exact combination of undesirable phenols and esters I was tasting forced a second sip.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Lol is it terrible?

It was terrible. Diacetyl, slightly sour, pedio would be my first guess. There are probably other bacteria that throw that combo.

image-1713025515.jpg

Olives, focaccia, cheese, and hop stoopid should get the taste out. I have no idea why it's 3.49 in NC and 6$ other places, but look at me with my normal store bought beer. :)

Really? Cause my neighbor raises cattle and whenever I'm cutting up a pig I always look at those cows and think how happy I am it's not a cow. Without ceiling hooks and such I'd imagine even 1/4 beef is hard to handle.

I saw a sour mash pale ale yesterday and tasted a $9 / 8oz pour dubbel with bugs and cherries from Oskar blues that only morbid curiosity and a desire to figure out what exact combination of undesirable phenols and esters I was tasting forced a second sip.

It was terrible. Diacetyl, slightly sour, pedio would be my first guess. There are probably other bacteria that throw that

Would suck to handle I'd never attempt it without a walk in cooler (with hooks) personally. (With any luck ill have one of those in my new basement, probably without hooks though) I also haven't cut in ages, I'm sure it would come back to me but handling a whole side would be beyond my expertise.

Though I have cut up a few moose right in my kitchen. didn't score any points with swmbo those nights

Makes you wonder how some brewers keep their jobs eh?

I'm drinking a citra pale ale. Thinking about tossing a line off my deck.

It was terrible. Diacetyl, slightly sour, pedio would be my first guess. There are probably other bacteria that throw that combo.

Olives, focaccia, cheese, and hop stoopid should get the taste out. I have no idea why it's 3.49 in NC and 6$ other places, but look at me with my normal store bought beer. :)

Not to mention a butcher band saw and bone blades, scrapers and all that crap

Homebrew of Summer Ale (extract kit from BB)

"Dawg Days of Summer Ale"

image-1242360360.jpg

Style: American Wheat or Rye Beer OG: 1.054
Type: Extract FG: 1.012
Rating: 0.0 ABV: 5.50 %
Calories: 176 IBU's: 19.77
Efficiency: 70 % Boil Size: 3.00 Gal
Color: 0.5 SRM Batch Size: 5.00 Gal
Preboil OG: 1.004 Boil Time: 60 minutes

Fermentation Steps
Name Days / Temp
Primary 7 days @ 70.0°F

Grains & Adjuncts
Amount Percentage Name Time Gravity
8.00 ozs 100.00 % Cara-Pils/Dextrine 20 mins 1.033

Hops
Amount IBU's Name Time AA %
0.50 ozs 12.63 Cascade 40 mins 5.50
0.50 ozs 7.14 Cascade 15 mins 5.50

Yeasts
Amount Name Laboratory / ID
1.00 pkg Safale US-05 Fermentis US-05

Additions
Amount Name Time Stage
1.00 lb Honey 15 mins Boil
1.25 oz Lemon 15 mins Boil
1.25 oz Orange Peel 15 mins Boil

Mash Profile
(none)

Carbonation
Amount Type Beer Temp CO2 Vols
4.54 oz Corn Sugar - Bottle Carbonation 72.0°F 2.50

Notes
7/20/13 in primary at 70 degrees; 7/27 bottled.
Name- Dawg Days of Summer Ale

www.iBrewMaster.com Version: 2.834

Sent from my iPhone

pure dandelion wine mixed with my homemade dandelion with oranges lemons and raisins . Very good . Also drinking a horny goat hopped up N horny

Spaten Optimator, about to open the second batch I brewed, a dark pumpkin ale. My SILand her husband moved and left behind some home brew i left them cause they are having movers pack up everything, so these two and a six pack of peach wheat I made were left behind.

Back