New brew sculpture, 40 gallon build...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanpace

Reaction score
Thought I would share with everyone what I have been working on for the past few weeks.

I am currently studying a masters in Argentina and have decided to go all out and build a nice setup to satisfy my brewing needs. (Some things are cheaper down here others are more expensive).

I had 3 kettles custom built, each hold 200L
I am also having a custom built fermentor - 240L but wont be ready until next week.

The setup will be controlled by the BrewTroller and be all electric.

I'll keep an update with pictures of the progress!

Building the frame..

breweryprogress21.jpg

breweryprogress5.jpg

Mounting my robot looking control box...

breweryprogress3.bmp

breweryprogress2.jpg

Something of what the setup will look like...

breweryprogress.bmp

Heat exchanger...

IMG_00203.JPG

IMG_00213.JPG

Grainmill...

grainmillbuild.jpg

IMG_00014.JPG

Holy Smokes..........talk about production!!!!!!! Very nice build.

Out of curiosity, what do you ferment in?

Explain that heat exchanger a little bit. Are you filling the pot with 40gal of wort and pumping cold water through the coil like an IC? Any reason you didnt just use a pump and a plate chiller?

How much electric is this going to consume??? Like 240V 100A or some nonsense?

Holy Smokes..........talk about production!!!!!!! Very nice build.

Out of curiosity, what do you ferment in?

I am having a fermentor being fabricated at the moment, it will hold 230L and look like this...
CONICAL-FERMENTER-PRO.jpg

It will be able to hold up to 30 psi and have the top and bottom access doors.
The price is actually quite reasonable, less than a Blichmann 42 gallon.

Explain that heat exchanger a little bit. Are you filling the pot with 40gal of wort and pumping cold water through the coil like an IC? Any reason you didnt just use a pump and a plate chiller?

How much electric is this going to consume??? Like 240V 100A or some nonsense?

The heat exchanger is for my HERMS setup, to maintain my mash temperatures, I recirculate through it while mashing. It has a 2000W 220V element in it.

I have 11,000W going to the system at the moment.

From my experience (I have a 1BBL system back home that I usually do 30 - 33 gallons on) and with 10,000W I had no problem getting it to a boil.

I will see, I havent done the calculations or anything, but I plan on making 20 - 40 gallon batches, hopefully 11,000W will do that.

Studying for a Masters in Brew Sculpturing? Where do you find the time to do all this if you are studying?

Nice looking build!

Latest posts

Back