Brewing now Inkbird off?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
Pitching yeast in 1/2 hour.Plugged itc 1000 into freezer ferm camber for the first time.Went to check it 1/2 hour later and it was at 38F,its wired correctly.No heat plugged in.(broke the tab on receptacle on one side)

Set at 60F
1 deg difference
calebrated in ice water,dead on
Cool light comes on if I hold it at 60
heat light comes on at 60 when it goes below 60
So why did it get to 38,Its just hanging in the air in fridge.

Is it possible it could have a 20 deg swing while hanging and when I bubble wrap it to to ferm bucket it will stay on target?? Or do I have a problem

You have a problem, for sure. And something is wrong in either your settings or your wiring. It looks like you'll have to be the one to solve the problem. If you want more help then pictures or diagrams of your wiring would help. Settings would helps also.

It could be drift because your freezer walls are get real cold when your temp controller turns off the freezer the cold walls still drop the temp down. I would let it do its thing for a few hours and see if it equalizes out.

After taping it to fermenter with bubble wrap it seems to be holding steady at set temp.I had just plugged freezer in and was running a while to get down to temp.Maybe the cold walls kept it going down

If you were cooling down a warm freezer the Freon in the lines would get extremely cold before the walls radiated enough cold to drop the air temp.

Then I have no clue what happened but its holding steady for hours now so its all good.
On a side note Inkbird customer service SUCKS.I went one there website,no
telephone Number.I left an Email with a question 3 days ago and a PM on this site 2 days ago with no response to date...If I needed another one Id look for another brand

What happened is simple: with zero thermal mass inside the freezer there was nothing to "cool" but the temperature probe. But that freezer is designed to drop everything in it to well below zero degrees, so once the compressor starts running all that "cold" has to go somewhere.

Even if the controller reacted within a minute, the evaporator loop is filled with refrigerant that's going to do its best to suck every btu out of the enclosure.

Now that you have the probe coupled to significant thermal mass, the controller can actually do something useful...

Cheers!

Back