Another "one" born

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickeldeposit

Reaction score
We'll I'd like to announce that as of exactly 1am this morning I'm the proud papa of a 5g Fat Tire Amber Ale. She came in at a nice sg 1.050
(1.048-1.050 recipe) with a pabv of 6.5% (4.8% recipe). I used an S-33 package of dry yeast and made a yeast starter about 28hours before pitching, it really had a nice size to it. We'll anyway I'll stop rambling, carboy and beer are doing great as for the proud home brewer I still need more sleep. By the way moving from the kitchen to the garage was a great step to take, go Banjo.:mug:

well (in a shameful posture) it took about 4hours from putting the cold water on to pitching the yeast. I'm working at bringing the time down though. A wort chiller would help a ton, but the new banjo burnner was a big step to get into the garage.

This is by far the most intense fermentation I've had. I whish I could get good video of it because you can see perfectly all of the motion/ swirling going on. Good thing I setup that blow off tube.

Back