Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just at lunch and the "Local Favorites" on the menu were Bud Light, Miller Light and Mich Ultra.

Well actually... BMC are probably the favourites of the locals :D
They did definitely missed the opportunity to market the "local food must be awesome because it is local" angel though

Quality description of BMC selection on a quality beer list. Enough said.

1399229074906.jpg

FYI the corn sugar seemed to have worked. The batch of beer that I pitched that yeast on is doing great right now!

I have read that some people can extra wort from their batch and use that for starters. May not be a bad idea? I think that it would be better then freezing, plus when you are ready to use it it is already at room temp!

$10 for a Crispin? Steep lol

Should have seen the rest of the list.....but the selection on draft and in bottles was quality, not a bunch of "filler" craft brew.

New beer bar opened up in town, so I go a few weeks later after the initial grand opening crowd clears out. Some one next to me asked " what's good here? I don't want any bad beer." The bar tender responds " we don't sell any bad beer here" I point out to the waitress the bud light on the bottom of the menu. She quietly responds " this is Kansas if we don't put it on there we'll be run out of town."

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I got to go to moerlein's lager house in Cincinnati, and a guy looks thru the beer menu, and after carefully reading the house selection, orders a 22 oz Crispin cider, after a few sips spends the rest of the evening grumbling about it to his wife.

$#!+... That was me. This gluten intolerance is getting to be intolerable. Work pays me to drive 9 hours, puts me in a hotel stumbling distance from a micro brew house, and I can't have any of it without becoming a gassy, cranky pr!ck for a few days. Oh, and it was Tuesday, and they have $10 growlers on Tuesday... Someone make me feel better by telling me its all junk... *cry*

Well, I drive by a sewage treatment plant on my way home from work. On reaction days, I close my car windows for their sake. That's what I mean by gassy.

Well, I drive by a sewage treatment plant on my way home from work. On reaction days, I close my car windows for their sake. That's what I mean by gassy.

I'm guessing you drive on I-295 past Anacostia-Bolling on the way home from work

but not on the way TO work?

Grog.Confused.Now

So I swing by a local watering hole last night with the wife and some friends we had dinner with. I dint pay attention to the tap list as it was only like 4 beers. We all just wanted a pint and to go home. To make a long story short I ordered a sweatwater 420 it took forever the pint was mostly foam for 3 pours. I looked the bar tender and ask him what was up with his tap maybe he needed to clean his lines. His exact response was the beer is to hoppy that's why it foams like that. I then looked at the rest of his taps which were BMC I paid for my pint shaking my head and walked away.

So I swing by a local watering hole last night with the wife and some friends we had dinner with. I dint pay attention to the tap list as it was only like 4 beers. We all just wanted a pint and to go home. To make a long story short I ordered a sweatwater 420 it took forever the pint was mostly foam for 3 pours. I looked the bar tender and ask him what was up with his tap maybe he needed to clean his lines. His exact response was the beer is to hoppy that's why it foams like that. I then looked at the rest of his taps which were BMC I paid for my pint shaking my head and walked away.

BMC? Bud miller coors?

yeah miller 64 bud light and coors light. Not really my kinda place but our friends wanted to stop by

Not really sure if this is funny or just a head scratcher.

I was in a beer bar that has 75 beers the other day. It is a sea of hop bombs. I asked if they had a pale ale. The bartender suggested Bells Two Hearted Ale.

Really? Have we become so obsessed with hops that a very good IPA gets suggested as a pale ale. Is this happening everywhere?

:drunk:

I remember seeing a thread a while back where someone (half-jokingly) compared an English IPA with an APA in hoppiness, so you're not far off the mark.

BMC? Bud miller coors?

Come on, you must be pulling our legs on that comment. You obviously know by now that we say BMC with the same sneer as we would "child molester" or "necrophiliac" or "puppy kicker". Then we secretly admit that we admire the macros' ability.

Come on, you must be pulling our legs on that comment. You obviously know by now that we say BMC with the same sneer as we would "child molester" or "necrophiliac" or "puppy kicker". Then we secretly admit that we admire the macros' ability.

First time I'd seen that acronym. Figured it out though. I'm still pretty new. Started last fall but I'm active duty navy in sea duty so I'm only on my 6th batch. 1 bottled, 1 fermenting, and currently brewing 1. Non ready to drink since I've been back sadly :(

First time I'd seen that acronym. Figured it out though. I'm still pretty new. Started last fall but I'm active duty navy in sea duty so I'm only on my 6th batch. 1 bottled, 1 fermenting, and currently brewing 1. Non ready to drink since I've been back sadly :(

former squid here, saying, "thanks for your service"

I was never a Seaman (E-3)

I went from Seaman Recruit (E-1) in boot camp to Seaman Apprentice (E-2) for A school, then was promoted to Petty Officer 3rd Class (E-4) out of A school

signed up for 2 extra years to get my Crow that quickly

902900_10201521886240590_620154000896539062_o.jpg

I was never a seaman either. I was a fireman until I graduated A-school then I became a PO3

Well, I made seamen on CGC Decisive, then went to Boatswain's Mate A School, then Coxswain School. I made third class at a rescue station, second too.
There are more fun words to say!

Back