True Brew Nut Brown Ale Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefraz

Reaction score
I am actually brewing my first batch of beer and picked up the true brew nut brown ale. It says to add the hops the last 2 minutes of the boil and then transfer the wort into the fermenting bucket. Should I strain the wort as it is going into the bucket or should the hops go in the bucket with the wort?

Thanks

From what I have read on the boards here, you can do either. It is a personal preference. Both of the brews I have done (first a true brew belgian) I have not strained, just dumped it all into the fermenter with no ill effects. In fact, I just got done drinking the very first bottle from that batch. good luck.

Use a muslin bag and put your hops in there. Then take the bag out as you transfer to the fermenter.

If you want to wash your yeast for future batches, it's much easier if you strain the wort prior to the fermenter.

Latest posts

Back