Anyone purchased from http://www.homebrew-supplies.ca/

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottfro

Reaction score
This seems to be the only store in canada that has much homebrewing equipment. Wondering if anyone has purchased through them and if so, did they have good luck? The site seems a little shady and I'm thinking about making a big purchase so some reassurance would be nice :)

I've ordered from them. I never noticed anything shady about the site. I placed my order and had it in 4 days. I would definitely order from them again. watch what you buy some of their prices are stupid high.

John

A lot of the US companies will ship to canada just request USPS or you'll get brokerage fees

Yeah, "stupid high" prices vs. brokerage fees/handling fees via courier. I think that's the main concern. I'm about to price out an order in the next week or two but have heard from others in my own country: go with them because no worry of being dinged on import.

They may not have the prettiest site, but I don't think they are a shady operation. In fact, they have been supporting a number of Canadian homebrewing competitions with some outstanding prizes. That demonstrates some real commitment to the homebrewing crowd in Canada. They have my support.

I had a look at the website, and am interested in their Wyeast special edition British yeasts. The shipping is almost as much as the product, and I'm iffy on whether the yeast is any good. Wyeast hasn't had those yeasts available for a year.

ive placed several orders there. obviously the more you order, the lower the shipping is as a %. quick shipping, he will pack the yeast with ice packs.
no complaints here, in fact i would recommend them. i would also recommend mashingheads.com nothing shady about either of these 2 canadian retailers.

thank you all for the feedback....seems the site is not an accurate representation of their service. i'll be placing my orders with one of these two places.

cheers!

Hi,

I ordered something from them about 2-3 days ago...but I didn't get any feedback either by phone or email.:confused:

Is it usual with them? Is it a dead website?

Hi,

I ordered something from them about 2-3 days ago...but I didn't get any feedback either by phone or email.:confused:

Is it usual with them? Is it a dead website?

i thought it was a little shady as well, so i sent him an email with an informal order, and asked to come pick it up.. no probs, but he did look like he's quite busy.. i'd definately go back..

I've ordered from him a few times in the past, both for pickup and shipping. The shipping IS expensive, but that seems to be pretty standard when Canada Post is involved. I definitely recommend him as a Canadian source for supplies.

jmorignot, I received an order from him less than a month ago. I'm pretty sure the only emails I got were from Paypal. One instant receipt of payment, and then a couple of days later a shipping confirmation with a tracking number.

While the website looks like it was written in the early 90s, complete with the flashing scrolling marquee sections, and a storefront that could also use some work, I have no complaints with the quality of service I have recieved while ordering from Randy.

I placed an order on a thursday morning, and had it in my hands out in Calgary on monday afternoon.

Back