Lancaster/Reading/Allentown PA grain group buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirmed. We filled that pallet pretty easy. Let me know the paypal info so I can pay you. Also do we have an idea what shipping will cost per sack yet.

Once everyone is confirmed I have to call NCM with our order. They will give me the shipping etc. and I will let you know your total then. thanbks guys!
tom

like I said, i have to call NCM and get the final shipping quote, then I'll get the payment info out to everyone. Got you down bud!
tom

Order is correct.

Thanks again on putting this together and let me know if they can use the loading dock in Bethlehem.

Order Correct.

Thanx Tom for putting this together!

I'll Paypal ASAP, when the deal is complete.

Happy Brewing to all,

Jeff

The one thing you need to consider is that sometimes the shipment won't get there on that exact day or time. So if you place the order with Friday as your delivery date, and something goes wrong, you may not receive it until Saturday, or maybe even Monday.

If you look at the NY/NJ/CT's last buy, they were lucky Josh was on top of staying in touch with the shipper. He found out the shipment wasn't even scheduled for that day, luckily they put it together to get him the shipment delivered that day. So remember things do happen that are out of your control when working in a very small window.

If you make the order for delivery a day or two in advance of when you are going to meet, you can usually rely on it being there waiting for you unless some tragic event occurred. This is why if you ship directly to their freight terminal, you can usually leave it there for a couple of three days with no extra cost to you. They usually have 24 hour pickup Mon-Thurs. and Friday it may be shorter hours. The only problem is there is usually no pickup dates available on weekends, but that depends on the terminal you are using so you must contact them first!

Hope this helps you guy some

Thanks for the heads up OLDBREW and all the help you've given us. Sithdad, would we be able to get it shipped to the Bethlehem sight maybe two days in advance, or is that not and option?
Tom

Okasy, everyone's is golden. I will get on the horn with NC and get the final prices for everyone. If we get the payment end taken care of as quick as we got the confirmations, we may be able to finish this thing completely in a week or two! Thanks for making this easy on me guys, I appreciate it.
tom

Thanks for putting it all together Tom. This is so much easier that driving to new jersey or philly for pickup. Anybody wanna do a home brew swap while were at it???????

I might have some stuff to swap by then. Don't forget, we're going to need a bottle or two to give to Sithdad for the warehouse owner if we can do the Bethlehem drop.
Tom

Okay all, I contacted NCM this morning. Looks like the Bethlehem pick up sight will be the place to be. Total shipping and fuel surcharge brings us to $126.50 for the pallet which breaks down to $3.02 per sack. Easiest and quickest way for payments will be through PayPal. I will PM everyone my PayPal address. Keep in mind if paying via PayPal, you will have to add 2.9% + $.30 to your total to cover your PayPal fees. When you send your payment, please add an attaching note with your screen name on HBT. If you cannot pay via PayPal, let me know in this thread and I will get my mailing address to you for a money order or personal check as a last resort. All the sacks will be 55# and we are on the level one pricing (column to far left). If you are getting your grains crushed (katja and Sithdad), you will have to add $2.20 per sack for a crushing fee. Any other questions, just ask me in the thread. Thanks guys!
Tom

Everyone should have a PM from me with my PayPal address. If you did not recieve a PM, please let me know. thanks!
Tom

I was wrong on the pricing column. It should be the second column in (2,000-4,000#) If I sent you a price via PM, it is probably wrong. If you paid me already, I can send you the extra back.
tom

Tom,
I missed the buy as I haven't been on and browsing for a while, but I wanted to let you know I might be able to help out buying any leftovers that may arise. I am in Allentown so pickup is no problem. I have a wide variety of tastes so may be interested in just about anything. Hopefully all works out and you don't need my help, but I wanted to offer!
Bob

Thanks for the offer bud! If something comes up, I'll let you know. To everyone who tried to PM me, sorry, box is empty now.
tom

We're almost all paid up. Lets get this thing finished and get it delivered by next weekend. I'm dying to brew...

Okay everyone, I recieved all the payments from PayPal and I'm waiting on one money order. The funds from PayPal are getting transfarred to my bank account which takes 3-4 days. I should have the money order by that time and if everything goes smoothly, may be able to place the order Friday. At that time I will see if the order would be able to ship for Thursday of next week or if they would need more time. I'll keep everyone posted.
Tom

Okay we're all paid up and ready to go! They money transferred to my account yesterday and the money order was recieved today. NCM is closed for orders until Monday morning which is when I will make the call. not sure they will be able to have it delivered by next weekend or not. What Saturday works better for pickup for everyone, the 20th or the 27th? Like I said, I'm not sure the 20th will even work with them until I call, so the 27th may be our only option.
tom

UPDATE!! After working on a few kinks all day, the order has been placed. I did not get a confirmation yet though which kind of worries me. It is set to be delivered to the Bethlehem drop off on Thursday of this week (18th) for us to pick up on Saturday the 20th. I have to PM our contact to get a time lined up for the pick up. Does any time on saturday NOT suit anyone? I would personally like to have it late morning (10-11am). I will be in contact with NCM tomorrow morning to confirm everything and I will update you all as soon as I know.
tom

Good news Tom

I hope it works out for the 20th, I really need some base malt bad.
Late morning- noonish on the 20th works for me.

Anxiously await update!

Jeff

I wouldn't mind if the pickup time was around 12-1 (my son's swimming lesson is at 10:30), but I can re-arrange things if we do end up doing the 10-11 time.

I just recieved the confirmation that the order will be arriving Thursday. I also talked (typed) with Sithdad and Saturday will be a go for the pick up, we just have to decide on the time. he will be posting directions on where the pickup will be at the warehouse sometime today. Lust, would 12 be okay? maybe we could do the pick up from 11-12? If you would happen to be a little late I could hang around and wait.
tom

I am pretty flexible with the time. Anytime between 10 & 12 works for me.

Directions: Coming from the Reading/Lancaster area take Rt. 22E and exit at Rt 378 S. Take 378 S to the 8th Ave exit (about 3 miles). Turn right at the light at the end of the off ramp onto 8th Ave. At the next light (8th & Union St) turn right (there will a school on your right). Continue to 14th Ave and turn right (at the top of a small rise in the road). At this point you'll go over a small bridge and actually cross over Rt 378. At the bottom of hill turn left on Gary St. The warehouse is the last building on the right (old brick building with a cell phone tower on it). The street dead-ends with the warehouse so there is no driving past it. Pull into the lot where the gate is and we'll either be in the large freight elevator or the first loading dock.

If you'd prefer using your favorite mapping program the address is 1501 Gary St, Bethlehem, 18018. Mapquest and Google Maps both place the finish location at the intersection of 14th Ave and Gary St. From there just turn left to get to the warehouse.

Thanks for the directions! Also, for anyone that is not too local or unaware of it, there is a great homebrew shop in Bethlehem. keystonehomebrew dot com
tom

Thanks for the directions! Also, for anyone that is not too local or unaware of it, there is a great homebrew shop in Bethlehem. keystonehomebrew dot com
tom

Keystone is just down the road from the warehouse with easy access back to Rts 378 & 22. That's where I do all of my shopping. Great people. At the corner of Broad and Main Sts there is the Bethlehem Brew Works (never been there but I hear it's a good brew pub). Below the Brew Works is Keystone Home Brew. How convenient!

Keystone is just down the road from the warehouse with easy access back to Rts 378 & 22. That's where I do all of my shopping. Great people. At the corner of Broad and Main Sts there is the Bethlehem Brew Works (never been there but I hear it's a good brew pub). Below the Brew Works is Keystone Home Brew. How convenient!

And the last Tuesday of every month starting at 7:30 is the meeting of the Lehigh Valley Homebrewers. If you're local but not a member, stop by!

Okay, the order was definitely placed and will be shipping out tomorrow. Ztomorrow late afternoon i will be getting a tracking number on our treasure so I can keep everyone informed. So far it looks like 11-12 will be the best times for everyone. Also, I have a horrible memory. i know I am supposed to pick up katja's grains, but was there anyone else??
tom

Tom,

I've given you a couple PM's. Either you're not getting them or I am not receiving the responses.:confused:

I work twelve hours this Saturday but am able to pick it up on Sunday. Will this be ok and can I have the pick up location?

Thanks,

Rob

Latest posts

Back