Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dog took a selfie!

20161218_192501.jpg

So.... anyone else have a dog break a window out of their car?

I was taking my daughter to a friend's for a sleepover, the dog was riding in the back seat. We get over to the friend's house and I roll the windows down a couple of inches so the dog doesn't fog up the car while I'm inside. It isn't too cold, maybe 38F.

But the temperature differential and the dog's leverage on the window must have been just right. I come back out to the car and there is glass on the ground, in the car, and on top of the car. Dog is smiling at me like "I have a great view now!"

What sucks the most is I can't get my car to the mainland for at least week to get it fixed.

So, the dog just tossed his new toy up onto my TV tray

He was about 3 feet away and flung it up about 4 feet into the air & it landed on the table

He can throw, but can't catch at all & his batting average is ****

So his MLB career will remain just a dream

View attachment 1483305312473.jpg

Jake in Death Valley back when he was young, for scale he weighed around 95 pounds in this picture. He is deaf, and has a hard time getting up now. Spends most of his time asleep. Every time I swear I won't get another dog because I can't take the heart break. And every time I get another dog. Why do we do this?
DSCN1007.jpg

Jake in Death Valley back when he was young, for scale he weighed around 95 pounds in this picture. He is deaf, and has a hard time getting up now. Spends most of his time asleep. Every time I swear I won't get another dog because I can't take the heart break. And every time I get another dog. Why do we do this?
DSCN1007.jpg

I know one of my dogs is 15. She is so slow now and I know she does not have. a lot of time left. I am dreading the time when she goes. But, I will cry like a baby, then get another one, because they are the best companions we can have. Good day, bad day, they do not care. They just are so happy tomsee you when you get home.

I know one of my dogs is 15. She is so slow now and I know she does not have. a lot of time left. I am dreading the time when she goes. But, I will cry like a baby, then get another one, because they are the best companions we can have. Good day, bad day, they do not care. They just are so happy tomsee you when you get home.
True that brother. When the rest of the world hates you your dog still loves you even if you chewed it out 5 minutes ago.

I actually started adopting senior Giant Breeds a few years back (on my third) instead of the badly abused dogs my (now ex) wife and I had adopted for 12 years. You get 2-5 years at best but they are about the perfect match for my lifestyle, their bad habits are known and they love you even more unconditionally (if that is possible).

You don't get used to losing them but you develop a routine that makes it bearable...and it includes getting a "replacement" for the hole in the pack. Loving on the rest of the pack even more.

Had to put Brinkley to sleep this morning. She was going to be 17 this year. We believe she had a stroke last night.

We will miss you Brinkley girl.

In her prime and just before we left this morning.

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

Had to put Brinkley to sleep this morning. She was going to be 17 this year. We believe she had a stroke last night.

I feel for you my friend. Just had to make that call with our 16 year old chocolate lab, Guinness, a few weeks ago. Damn I miss that dog!

Oh man, so sorry for the loss. Making the decision is one of the worst feelings in the world. 16 years is an incredible run. I'd bet she would have amazing stories to tell about her life. I definitely feel your grief.

On Halloween, we were trick or treating with the kids, and we came across a house that had 2 tri color shelties. They reminded me of my Sydney who we lost last January to rheumatoid arthritis. It was a weird emotional moment. Tears were shed, both by me and the kids. The owner of the house was weirded out that a whole family was tearing up at the sight of their gorgeous little dogs. They leave their puppy prints deep on your heart forever.

Here's Sydney. RIP babygirl. The black and white dog is Scout. He's 10 and still acts like a pup. Both Shelties.

View attachment 1483846333547.jpg

@GreenMonti and @TANSTAAFB ,raising my glass in memory of Brinkley and Guinness. Sorry for your loss.

We love them while they're here and cry like babies when we loose them.

@GreenMonti and @TANSTAAFB ,raising my glass in memory of Brinkley and Guinness. Sorry for your loss.

Oh man, so sorry for the loss. Making the decision is one of the worst feelings in the world. 16 years is an incredible run. I'd bet she would have amazing stories to tell about her life. I definitely feel your grief.

On Halloween, we were trick or treating with the kids, and we came across a house that had 2 tri color shelties. They reminded me of my Sydney who we lost last January to rheumatoid arthritis. It was a weird emotional moment. Tears were shed, both by me and the kids. The owner of the house was weirded out that a whole family was tearing up at the sight of their gorgeous little dogs. They leave their puppy prints deep on your heart forever.

Here's Sydney. RIP babygirl. The black and white dog is Scout. He's 10 and still acts like a pup. Both Shelties.

View attachment 383681

Thank you! Guinness's buddy for the last 10 months was a kick ass lil Sheltie named Parker. He's made saying goodbye to Guinness much easier. Guinness's last day and Parker on her bed the day after...

Attachments

• 1483849108591.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 1483849191324.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 48
Here come the waterworks... so sorry for the losses. They definitely miss their counterparts when they go. Scout still has some weirdness about her food dish. We've tried using it for water for him, but he would not drink out of it. He would drink the cat's water. He's still weird about certain parts of the house, and he has been extra lovey since her passing, because she was the lap dog and he was the warm-your-feet dog. Now he wants to be the lap dog, but doesn't know how.

I feel for you my friend. Just had to make that call with our 16 year old chocolate lab, Guinness, a few weeks ago. Damn I miss that dog!

Sorry to hear, GM. Yeah, it sucks when they leave us and we cry like babies

View attachment 383681

sorry for your losses, hopefully we still will have many years before any of that....

to cheer you up, here is hilma who got a new bed for christmas......:confused:

Thank you all for the kind words!!!
I'm not a man that crys much. However, I've cried more these last two days (like a baby) then I ever have. She left a huge hole in our lives.

Hercules, our other dachshund. Is really starting to show his hurt. He's been going into rooms and looking for Brinkley. Sniffing the couch and chair to see if she's up there. He's also becoming really lovey. Following us around. It's hard to see his confusion and wonder to where his partner is.

One more pic. This was a year ago. Man she loved being by the fire. We sat with her by the fire for a few hours to say goodbye.

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 53
My carpet camouflaged under desk companion just crop dusted me and it is turrible. Something needs to change in his diet, simply rank farts.
LMAO!
Haven't had a dog fart in the house for a year now, but man I still remember them. Kiliian (named after the road he found us on not the beer) could clear a room. Conan the Bassett would pass gas and then SLOWLY turn his head and look at his a** as though to say "good job back there". If he could grin on the outside he would have cause I could tell by his expression he was grinning on the inside.

LMAO!

Haven't had a dog fart in the house for a year now, but man I still remember them. Kiliian (named after the road he found us on not the beer) could clear a room. Conan the Bassett would pass gas and then SLOWLY turn his head and look at his a** as though to say "good job back there". If he could grin on the outside he would have cause I could tell by his expression he was grinning on the inside.

We had an 11lb Maltese that could clear a room. He loved veggies and was trained by using carrots as the treat. He would let lose this slowly spreading cloud of "What is that ....OMFG!"

This 55-ish lb puppy is no where near as bad but he's getting there.

I've found we go through so many more training treats when the dog weights 5x what the previous one did. 🤑

#becausefartsarefunny
We thought Guinness must have some horrible disease that she was in imminent risk of dying from because only death could make a dog's farts more toxic than mustard gas🤢

My carpet camouflaged under desk companion just crop dusted me and it is turrible. Something needs to change in his diet, simply rank farts.

My only male, a border collie something butch mix, does not have particularly potent flatulence but he targets well. He loves to wait until I am brushing my teeth to sit down on my feet and fart. Another fun one is he flips on his back to be belly petted and the moment I start...wrist fart.

Hercules, our other dachshund has loud farts. It's funny as hell to see him scare himself and run off looking back. :confused:

What the hell y'all feeding your dogs? Moogie rarely has a stinky fart. Usually comes about when he has spent the day following my grandson around cleaning up his snacks that end up on the floor. Damn dog gained 5lbs, and his winter coat won't fit him any more. He'll be sad when they move out next month! But, he'll be thinner!
'Course there's that time he was sitting on my lap and about gagged me. Silent but deadly.

From today's brew.. She gets a little scoop of spent grains every time I brew, and she loves it. She's so smart, she knows when the sparge is almost finished, and she starts to beg for it at that point...

IMG_0197 (2).JPG

What the hell y'all feeding your dogs? Moogie rarely has a stinky fart. Usually comes about when he has spent the day following my grandson around cleaning up his snacks that end up on the floor. Damn dog gained 5lbs, and his winter coat won't fit him any more. He'll be sad when they move out next month! But, he'll be thinner!
'Course there's that time he was sitting on my lap and about gagged me. Silent but deadly.
Sage has been on ProPlan his whole life. There have been several times where I'm working in the garage, and will have to retreat into the house or out into the yard, because it's not safe to breathe in the garage.

so my oldest (I did not realize that until talking to the ex-wife) pup is now on Carprofen (Rimadyl) as a test for some sporadic lameness. Vet thinks it is arthritis. It is hard to believe she is 10 years old now...average lifespan for one half her DNA...getting close for the other half. Seems like 5 years ago the ex stole her from a neglectful owner.

She is the fluffy one in the middle.

KIMG0009.jpg

Back