Sweetwater Wet Dream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gothcopter

Reaction score
I did the Sweetwater brewery tour this past weekend, and they had their new Dank Tank beer on tap -- Wet Dream. The chalkboard said it was "fresh hopped", whatever that means.

This stuff is AMAZING. I couldn't stop drinking it. I'm a big fan of Sweetwater's IPA, and this beer completely blows it out of the water. Exquisite hop aroma, and the flavor to back it up. I just hope it tastes as good bottled as it did on tap.

Anyway, those of you living in Atlanta might want to keep an eye out for this one. Definitely worth a taste!

P.S. This is my first post, but I've been lurking for most of 2009. Thanks to all for taking the time to share your wisdom on here. I can't tell you how many times I've come to this site looking for guidance as I learn the home brewing process. You rock!

I'll have to keep an eye out for it at Total Wine. Not sure how long it takes to go from tap to bomber. Welcome aboard!

Welcome to HBT!

I miss Sweetwater and Terrapin since moving from SC. Wet hopped means they used fresh picked hops in the beer. Normally hops are dried. It has become a popular practice recently for breweries to put out wet hopped beers right after the harvest.

It is on the shelves. Part 3 in their Dank Tanks series. Yeah, all fresh, wet Chinook hops. Pretty good beer.

There's a special place in my heart for Sweetwater. I'm spoiled by my beer due to my location and circle of friends, but my brother decided to have part of his bachelor party in Atlanta. My brother is much more of a frat boy (though he was never in a frat, that's just the best way to describe him) than I am, so he likes bars that generally serve BMC and harder liquor.

Sweetwater was the only non-BMC available at all the bars we went to. Thank god for them.

Side note: It's not just the taste of BMC brews that I dislike, it's more that they always give me a headache.

Latest posts

Back