Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how you guys need stats to understand what running hard means. Unbelievable...

you're quite dumb aren't you?

Funny how a fan of sports fails to understand the importance of stats. Not saying that the "intangibles" aren't a good thing, but statistics paint a picture, not just in sports but in life. Probably not so much for someone cheering for an overrated team, though.

And leave Moto alone, he's a Packer fan, they're all a little special.

Funny how you guys need stats to understand what running hard means. Unbelievable...

... no, but if you want to compare Player X versus the rest of the league, it's best to have some kind of evidence to support that. It's funny how little you understand about logic and reasoning.

ok Hoppy - have you watched every single play in every single professional football game this year?

if not, how can you possibly formulate an opinion on "hardest running" runningback?

i mean, give me a break.

Funny how a fan of sports fails to understand the importance of stats. Not saying that the "intangibles" aren't a good thing, but statistics paint a picture, not just in sports but in life. Probably not so much for someone cheering for an overrated team, though.

And leave Moto alone, he's a Packer fan, they're all a little special.

Never said they aren't important or that they don't convey truths about a team. Just that you don't need them to know what running hard means. LOL

Moving on now. Patroits are gay cheaters with tainted super bowls and they are irrelevant now...

ok Hoppy - have you watched every single play in every single professional football game this year?

if not, how can you possibly formulate an opinion on "hardest running" runningback?

i mean, give me a break.

Yeah I have the redzone...I see most plays. I thought that about him before he came to Seattle. Why so concerned about it? Worry about your sh!tty team and your underdeveloped analysis of it...

If Lynch is such a great, hard-running RB... but his actual production, his actual yards per attempt, is so mediocre... doesn't that mean that his offensive line sucks?

EDIT: And wouldn't it be better to have a running back who can make guys miss, rather than someone who's always plowing into defenders? This whole argument is about style, not substance. Lynch is an above-average RB, who by your score is only "the best ever when he's running into guys!" because he's not particularly good at getting guys to miss him.

Yeah I have the redzone...I see most plays.

um, RedZone only shows scoring plays, which are hardly the bulk of plays.

If Lynch is such a great, hard-running RB... but his actual production, his actual yards per attempt, is so mediocre... doesn't that mean that his offensive line sucks?

Either that or that he's just not as good as Seattle fans think. I mean, these are the guys hailing Wilson as the second coming and that WR (who's name we've all forgotten) as a first team all pro. Really, I think Hoppy made it clear quite, stats and record mean nothing to that fan base, as long as they can make noise at the game (and on the internet).

Trying to find Yards After Contact stats for this year. This is all I've found so far... according to ESPN:

So far this season, Marshawn Lynch has the most yards after contact with 199. That accounts for 47.0 percent of his 423 rushing yards.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/52814/nfl-fans-tweeted-and-we-answered

That was from a couple weeks ago though.

They don't link to where they have the stats or to what anyone else has.

People have been stacking up against Lynch this season because the passing game has been nearly non-existent until just recently. In the Pats game they did everything they could to stop Lynch and just let Seattle prove they could beat them in the air. They did... and Seattle did.

I think that as the passing game develops, it should open things up for Lynch again.

HoppyDaze said:
Never said they aren't important or that they don't convey truths about a team. Just that you don't need them to know what running hard means. LOL

Moving on now. Patroits are gay cheaters with tainted super bowls and they are irrelevant now...

Wow and I thought this thread was going to actually get better. Love how you are so mad.

With that said I'm out of here. This has to be the worst football thread I have ever seen.

Trying to find Yards After Contact stats for this year. This is all I've found so far... according to ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/52814/nfl-fans-tweeted-and-we-answered

That was from a couple weeks ago though.

They don't link to where they have the stats or to what anyone else has.

People have been stacking up against Lynch this season because the passing game has been nearly non-existent until just recently. In the Pats game they did everything they could to stop Lynch and just let Seattle prove they could beat them in the air. They did... and Seattle did.

I think that as the passing game develops, it should open things up for Lynch again.

Best I could find was a site with a "success rate percentage" stat, but they didn't specifically define what made a play successful (I would assume that it would be pickup up at least 4 yards on first down, or converting a third-and-short, things like that). Based on that measure (which seems to be a good measure, if they're defining it appropriately), Lynch was #12 in the league, behind guys like Rice, Gore, Ryan Matthews, Semen Spiller, both NE running backs, and a few others.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?pos=RB

As to Wilson's getting better... you hate to harp on the shortness, but the only other QB I can think of with Wilson's size who had success is Doug Flutie. That's obviously the best-case scenario for Wilson, but Flutie was certainly the exception to the rule. He's doing reasonably well so far, but even in the best-case you can't expect significant improvement in the pass game (which overall, remains below-average - as per the goddamn stats!) this year.

As to Wilson's getting better... you hate to harp on the shortness, but the only other QB I can think of with Wilson's size who had success is Doug Flutie. That's obviously the best-case scenario for Wilson, but Flutie was certainly the exception to the rule. He's doing reasonably well so far, but even in the best-case you can't expect significant improvement in the pass game (which overall, remains below-average - as per the goddamn stats!) this year.

Seattle is getting haters from NE. They must be something right...

Seattle is getting haters from NE. They must be something right...

Where's the hate? It's a statement of fact; there are very, very, very few successful 5'10" QBs in NFL history. It's no different than saying "Charles Barkley is one of the only 6'5" players in the NBA who was a dominant rebounder."

These... facts. These... statements that are backed by evidence. Do they frighten you? Did some fact-wielding scientist molest you when you were a child or something?

At week six and beyond, it seems...

Top 3 AFC Teams
Broncos
Patriots
Ravens (Ray Lewis' absence might change this to Texans for me)

Top 3 NFC Teams
Falcons
Giants
Bears

...What say you?

Texans are the best in the afc and probably in the entire nfl right now. Broncos don't belong even close to that list and 9ers have to be on there as well.

Yea thy do a YAC stat and I'm almost 100% that lynch leads that stat

I thought yac was yards after catch. Might be wrong though.

No YOU need stats to prove it. Without it, it is just about as meaningless as the player with the best al Pacino imitation. It is completely meaningless and worthless.

And to say that lynch is a harder runner or hitting runner than leech means you are nuts. That guy flat out runs looking for people to hit.

he's 5'11" actually and seems to be doing just fine. No is calling him a HOF'er just a solid smart rookie QB. You over critism of him and the entire team is where the hate is. I'm not blind; don't pour me a busch light and tell me it's SA Boston Lager.

Fact: Patriots cheat

he's 5'11" actually and seems to be doing just fine. No is calling him a HOF'er just a solid smart rookie QB. You over critism of him and the entire team is where the hate is. I'm not blind; don't pour me a busch light and tell me it's SA Boston Lager.

Fact: Patriots cheat

They still haven't proven much at all. Go into candlestick tomorrow and win and they'll start getting more respect.

6 weeks means nothing. Remember the great start the bills had last year? How'd that work out for them?

They still haven't proven much at all. Go into candlestick tomorrow and win and they'll start getting more respect.

6 weeks means nothing. Remember the great start the bills had last year? How'd that work out for them?

Done nothing? Well, he's won 4 of the 6 games he's played in. That's really all anyone can ask from him. I wouldn't call that "nothing" Braylon Edwards dropped a TD pass on the last play against Zona so it could look even better. He's been solid, that's what I'm saying. If he gets beat up some against SF it won't change my mind. SF has made plenty of veteran QB look bad

Where's the hate? It's a statement of fact; there are very, very, very few successful 5'10" QBs in NFL history. It's no different than saying "Charles Barkley is one of the only 6'5" players in the NBA who was a dominant rebounder."

These... facts. These... statements that are backed by evidence. Do they frighten you? Did some fact-wielding scientist molest you when you were a child or something?

It is a well known fact that Barkley wasn't 6'5". ;)

Done nothing? Well, he's won 4 of the 6 games he's played in. That's really all anyone can ask from him. I wouldn't call that "nothing" Braylon Edwards dropped a TD pass on the last play against Zona so it could look even better. He's been solid, that's what I'm saying. If he gets beat up some against SF it won't change my mind. SF has made plenty of veteran QB look bad

When did I say he has done "nothing"? I said he hasn't proven much. It takes a lot more than 6 games to prove anything. Remember Derek Anderson? Yeah he had a phenomenal year but that obviously didn't prove that he was even a mediocre QB.

The guy is showing potential, I'll give him that but he has yet to prove he is anything more than a fluke.

And as was just pointed out to you, and you so conveniently ignored, Buffalo looked pretty damn good after 6 games at this point last year, and look where it got them.

Hate to agree with datazz, but he's right: the Hawks (and by extension, EVERY NFL team) have proven nothing so far this year. Come back in another 6 weeks and lets take a look at where records stand before we all start crowing - especially when in comes to any of the rookie QB's (yeah, RGIII, I'm looking at you).

I thought yac was yards after catch. Might be wrong though.

It's just an abbreviated stat, yards after contact / catch.

And as was just pointed out to you, and you so conveniently ignored, Buffalo looked pretty damn good after 6 games at this point last year, and look where it got them.

Hate to agree with datazz, but he's right: the Hawks (and by extension, EVERY NFL team) have proven nothing so far this year. Come back in another 6 weeks and lets take a look at where records stand before we all start crowing - especially when in comes to any of the rookie QB's (yeah, RGIII, I'm looking at you).

****, just look at Arizona two weeks ago.

I don't expect Seattle to get spanked. Can't see the D having much trouble with the 49er offense. Seattle's offense against their D is the question. If they lose, it'll be a close, low-scoring game. Either a Seahawk win or it's gonna be one of those exciting punt-filled games we all love to watch. :p

Edit: Oh, Pats suck.

h22lude said:
Wow and I thought this thread was going to actually get better. Love how you are so mad.

With that said I'm out of here. This has to be the worst football thread I have ever seen.

No need for a dance-off then? (walking away shaking his head)

I don't expect Seattle to get spanked. Can't see the D having much trouble with the 49er offense. Seattle's offense against their D is the question. If they lose, it'll be a close, low-scoring game. Either a Seahawk win or it's gonna be one of those exciting punt-filled games we all love to watch. :p

Edit: Oh, Pats suck.

Who cares. None of that matter. All that we care about is who hits the hardest?

Back