Kegerator Recommendation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ObiDon

Reaction score
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a kegerator that will hold a 50L keg of my favorite beer from Germany. I already have a homebuilt kegerator that holds two corny kegs of my homebrew. This time however, I thought I would just purchase a kegerator and skip the hassle of the build. :p

There seems to be a ton of choices out there... Danby, Haier, True, etc.. I have a budget of about $600. Can anyone provide a recommendation?

Cheers,

Don

I heard Danby was a good brand, and very popular. I had an inexpensive edgestar, and it's my opinion that you get what you pay for, so max out you budget at $600.00 and check out the Danbys.

Curios why you wouldn't build another one.Its a 30 second 3" hole and you get more for you money

My other hobbies seem to be taking up my time and workshop. Also my experience with the first build has me thinking it would be a bit more than 30 seconds to go from fridge to kegerator, :drunk: So the current plan is just to buy a decent unit and upgrade the taps to Perlicks.

My current favorite is the Haier HBF05EBSS Stainless Steel BrewMaster.

hbf05ebss-open_2.png

Cheers!

Don

Back