will this work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjward101

Reaction score
I got a great deal (free)on a chest freezer yesterday, that seems that it will hold 4 corny's, but i wont be able to have it ready to serve beer by the family party next weekend, so I was going to go with plan b......

The very small haier chest freezer i have had will hold 1 corny and co2 tank. I have 4 kegs i want to be serving at the party, so my questions is this:

Can I force carb all four kegs ahead of time, having 1 in the keezer, three in the basement, and the morning of the part, yput the other three in ice buckets and hook them up in the keezer as needed? Will force carbing now not work well if I let the beer sit warm until the day I am going to serve it?

THanks for any help.

will you not have the bigger freezer by the weekend? either way I guess, I would start force carbing now, why wait for chance? just keep rotating the gas around...

The temps you are looking at are very different 30psi at 40* vs 60psi at 70*+ to force carb. I think I would force carb all in new freezer serve out of the other if you can't have it ready....my.02

I was planning on doing some pretty customized mods to the freezer (both mechanical, and aesthetic). I've been planning these mods for months, just waiting come across the right freezer, and three is no way it could be ready by the weekend.

Some of what I'm doing include, digital temperature control (wireless remote), electronically controlled taps that eliminate the need to pull the tap handle, custom lighting, and integrated random sound effects that activate based on pressure drop in each corny (already modded and tested two corny kegs for this). There will also be an android app to control the whole thing, including the dispensation and delivery of the beer to my chair.

I know some of this sounds like overkill, but hey...I'm a geek, and this thing is going to be a focal point in the finished garage (no longer a garage, but a true man cave, with 120 inch tv, sound, voice activated lighting and theater.

Back