Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a good deal. I'd get it.

Oh god.. the pond/graveyard, right in the beginning? See, I'm awesome at shooters (in my most modest opinion) but when it comes to puzzles and finding stuff, yeah.. not good. I got stuck at that part because I couldn't find an audio device. I end up quitting games because of things like that. I freak out. Throw controller. Get mad. Ask wife to find this stupid motherfunking audio piece of... oh.. you found it. Thanks.

I want to get it, I think. I've got a lot of games I played for an hour brand new and put on the shelf, but this is something we could play together. Only thing that worries me I think is if it would feel too old on PS4.

IMO for Borderlands 2 the gameplay is not outdated, and the graphic/design style is one that ages very well.

PS - if you haven't heard of RetroAhoy, give his YouTube channel a look. He just uploaded a new video:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4-SVUHQYI[/ame]

Most are shorter, BTW

IMO for Borderlands 2 the gameplay is not outdated, and the graphic/design style is one that ages very well.

Yeah, good point... I made it a decent way into each game before getting bored. Getting bored with what I currently have so I guess I'll pick it up. Kind of stinks not having much on the horizon to look forward to, aside from FarCry and Dark Souls 3.

I'm mostly excited for the new Doom game and tentatively excited for The Division.

I'm even thinking of picking up Rainbow Six: Siege, but I need to first see if anyone I know is playing as I understand it's very teammate-reliant

Also possibly Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - anyone have any feedback on this games? I haven't played an AC game since Brotherhood, so I'm not burnt out on the franchise, FWIW

I'm even thinking of picking up Rainbow Six: Siege, but I need to first see if anyone I know is playing as I understand it's very teammate-reliant

That game, looks horrible. The gameplay seems fun but god it looks like PS1 graphics at best, from what I've seen at least. Doom is cool and all but I'd flip if they ever remade Hexen. Loved that.

Oh, got my first Hail Mary combat axe on Black Ops 3 this weekend. Really bummed out.. no medal, no challenge for it.. no reward. Other than the fact that I hit someone with a completely random axe.

Also possibly Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - anyone have any feedback on this games? I haven't played an AC game since Brotherhood, so I'm not burnt out on the franchise, FWIW

The last one I played was the one where you were an Indian. I think. Or a pirate. I don't even know anymore. Same thing, I play them for a weekend and I'm done with them. My wife plays Syndicate while I'm out drinking on Fridays. It looks gorgeous, as most of them do, but she said it's a little weird since there are two characters (brother and sister I guess). Apparently each one has different skills/abilities though so it might be a little more customizable than the previous games were.

Oh god.. the pond/graveyard, right in the beginning? See, I'm awesome at shooters (in my most modest opinion) but when it comes to puzzles and finding stuff, yeah.. not good. I got stuck at that part because I couldn't find an audio device. I end up quitting games because of things like that. I freak out. Throw controller. Get mad. Ask wife to find this stupid motherfunking audio piece of... oh.. you found it. Thanks.

I want to get it, I think. I've got a lot of games I played for an hour brand new and put on the shelf, but this is something we could play together. Only thing that worries me I think is if it would feel too old on PS4.

Exactly that area. On PC, I was awesome at FPS. I played CounterStrike for days. In fact, had a LAN party at my house on Saturday and ended up calling out sick Monday because we were all still playing. But man, on my XBOX, nope.

Exactly that area. On PC, I was awesome at FPS. I played CounterStrike for days. In fact, had a LAN party at my house on Saturday and ended up calling out sick Monday because we were all still playing. But man, on my XBOX, nope.

I'm the same way... I'm ok at fps on consoles but I used to dominate on PC... Unreal and quake I probably could have gone pro on haha

Ditto. Played Counterstrike for 5 yrs or more. I struggled mightily when I got tired of building a new PC every year and getting a new graphics card every 6 months and made the switch to Xbox 360 what? 8 or 9 yrs ago or more.

I can still dominate but nothing like when I used a Mouse and Keyboard.

Don't have the time availabe for gaming anymore like I used to so its OK now. But it was a couple years with a gamepad back then before I had anywhere near as much fun as on a PC.

I'm the same way... I'm ok at fps on consoles but I used to dominate on PC... Unreal and quake I probably could have gone pro on haha

I struggled mightily when I got tired of building a new PC every year and getting a new graphics card every 6 months...

I really, really miss a bunch of the PC games I had and being able to work on 3D designs at home but exactly that man.. I've had so many computers burn out I just can't hang anymore. Was driving me insane. I'm pretty sure I've got a box of outdated graphics cards somewhere.

Weird. I've never had a PC (or part) burn out. And I replace cards every 2+ years... and that's because I like having the most modern tech. I expect my current card to last me a good number of years, though I'd consider buying a 2nd one down the road for SLI once they start dropping in price.

I just want to go home and play some Diablo... work is long today.

I've got the Unhallowed set for my Demon Hunter, and I still need a few other legendaries to complete it. Apparently with that build, I'll be able to solo G.Rifts 75-80 with no problems.

I went from 2 billion white damage single target with the Shadow's Mantle set, to only doing 200 million damage to everybody every 2 seconds.

It's going to be fun farming out the stuff I need to upgrade enough bows to get an Ancient Yang's Recurve.

Was definitely fun playing with the unofficial HBT D3 groups. Venari really helped me with my characters(especially with his high powered characters and friends) though I am not serious enough of a player to work with any set build.

Kinda late but just picked up Witcher 3. Haven't played any of the others in the series so the lore is pretty much lost on me. Seems a bit tough to get started, getting my ass handed to me left and right. I'm sure it'll get easier as I progress but for now it's kind of discouraging that everything around me in the starting area can kill me with just a few hits.

Kinda late but just picked up Witcher 3. Haven't played any of the others in the series so the lore is pretty much lost on me. Seems a bit tough to get started, getting my ass handed to me left and right. I'm sure it'll get easier as I progress but for now it's kind of discouraging that everything around me in the starting area can kill me with just a few hits.

It's been a while since I have played. But, IIRC, you really have to follow the storyline to progress properly. Wandering aimlessly will only get you into fights you cannot win. Even following the storyline you will find several scenarios where the best course is to just run. Also, know that if you are on XBox One you have to specifically go to the store to find the numerous add-ons (17, iirc). They don;t just automatically show up as available to install when you manage the game. Even with the season pass.

There are about 15 or 16 add-ons available even without the season pass.

Picked up Sniper Elite 3 with "all the things" for $20 through GWG.

And now they are making a similar offer on Far Cry 4 that I am struggling to avoid.

Cool thanks, I'll look into it.

Ayup. Code Red went well beyond on that aspect. They aren't HUGE adds but they are decent. Better outfits on the girls (more revealing, as if this game doesn't reveal enough DO NOT PLAY DURING THE DAY IF HAVE KIDS OR JEALOUS WOMAN), additional weapons to find, available armors, but also a few game expanding quest lines.

I am serious about the bold text. I have never played a game this consistently sexually graphic. Even Metro 2033 had less nudity/intercourse.

Well I've got the Invoker (Thorns) 6pc set now, and have made a huge jump in difficulty level that I can now run. Now I need to focus on the non-set pieces to get ridonkulously geared. I'll hopefully be on for a couple hours this evening if anyone wants to do rifts/Grifts/key runs

Does anyone play Rocket League? It's soccer, but with Cars! I know that might not sound exciting, but the gameplay is smooth, and it's more fun than it really should be. Even better, there is a hockey variant.

With all the small humans living in my house, I don't have time for the D3 game, even if I enjoyed the D2 and SC for a long time. The Rocket League is nice b/c the games are broken down into 5 min matches. I can jump in and out pretty quick for a few games here and there.

One of the few games I'm enjoying on my Steam Link device.

I will probably get some play time in this evening after I get my resume updated and out. I am not too well geared though I was levelling up my wizard to 70 on T1 without any special gear last night. Hopefully I can find some good gear so I can work on a build of some sort.

Does anyone play Rocket League? It's soccer, but with Cars! I know that might not sound exciting, but the gameplay is smooth, and it's more fun than it really should be. Even better, there is a hockey variant.

With all the small humans living in my house, I don't have time for the D3 game, even if I enjoyed the D2 and SC for a long time. The Rocket League is nice b/c the games are broken down into 5 min matches. I can jump in and out pretty quick for a few games here and there.

One of the few games I'm enjoying on my Steam Link device.

I've seen it. Have not played it.

I am still chipping away at FO4 a couple hours each night. Opted into BOS and ran the armory quest last night. Need to take the brain bits to goodneighbor. Found that place weeks ago but had a "oh look squirrel moment" and never went back to really explore it.

One thing I am finding both annoying and enjoyable is how FO4 repopulates locations you've previously cleared for quests.

Annoying because I've rushed into a couple thinking it'd be fine and I get slaughtered for being unprepared. Enjoyable because at least it more than going to retrieve something that just didn't spawn the first time.

Yeah things have slowed down a PC lasts a lot longer now. Back 10+ yrs ago you literally had to get a new video card every six months and then need more RAM or they would change the RAM and or the way the video card mounted and you'd need a new mobo just about yearly. To play the latest games at decent resolutions. And you'd over clock the **** out if your CPU then you started being able to over clock your video cards. Cut holes in your case for more fans to cool everything it just got out of hand trying to keep up.

Weird. I've never had a PC (or part) burn out. And I replace cards every 2+ years... and that's because I like having the most modern tech. I expect my current card to last me a good number of years, though I'd consider buying a 2nd one down the road for SLI once they start dropping in price.

I just want to go home and play some Diablo... work is long today.

That's a great deal! I find those sniper elite games very stress relieving!

Unless you enjoy journeying all over the place and doing missions just to get gear and guns, avoid far cry 4. Its nothing like the previous 3 they tried to hard to make it like the fallout games. I bought FC4 for $60 when it first came out and played it for about 30 mins and that's it.

Picked up Sniper Elite 3 with "all the things" for $20 through GWG.

And now they are making a similar offer on Far Cry 4 that I am struggling to avoid.

Unless you enjoy journeying all over the place and doing missions just to get gear and guns, avoid far cry 4. Its nothing like the previous 3 they tried to hard to make it like the fallout games. I bought FC4 for $60 when it first came out and played it for about 30 mins and that's it.

I despise the fallout games. They take up my nights.

Have never played Far Cry. Ended up getting it. Base game, season pass, and the available skin packs for $29.

I like to edit game clips into stupid videos for my friends and we get a good kick out of them a lot of the time. Recently found this guy though and he's put every edited game video I've ever made to shame. Crazy edit ... pretty wicked shots too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to edit game clips into stupid videos for my friends and we get a good kick out of them a lot of the time. Recently found this guy though and he's put every edited game video I've ever made to shame. Crazy edit ... pretty wicked shots too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC7wQgX6HVg

Wow! That was a really good edit and that guy looks scary good at that game lol

Wow! That was a really good edit and that guy looks scary good at that game lol

Well.. I could quick scope just the same on old games. There is no aim assist on this one though, so what he's doing is pretty gross. Could also be on PC which would be a different story, but who knows. I like it.

Well.. I could quick scope just the same on old games. There is no aim assist on this one though, so what he's doing is pretty gross. Could also be on PC which would be a different story, but who knows. I like it.

I was never great at quick scoping so I'm easily impressed lol I was good at games like quake and UT... I would wreck people on those games. Games like BF and COD though I'm just decent at.

I was never great at quick scoping so I'm easily impressed lol I was good at games like quake and UT... I would wreck people on those games. Games like BF and COD though I'm just decent at.

I've been enjoying BF and COD more now than I ever have. Which is sad because now that I have the old I don't even see half the **** he was quick scoping until the kill points float out. :(

Curious. How does PC make it different? I assume it's because point and click of the mouse but am not sure.

Got my crusader to paragon 184 last night (up about 40 levels in 2.5 hours) and am solo-clearing greater rifts in the high-30s with ease. Trying hard to replace my rings, belt, and shield but not much success so far. Crafted 3 hellfire amulets, one of which is half-decent though, at least.

Worked my way through the national guard training station last night. Thought I'd advance to the satellite array after seeing vertibird attack on it but then the vertibird dropped out of the sky and I got my ass handed to me by a legendary albino mutt.

Figured it was time for bed after that.

Really? FC3 was the first one I played through in its entirety, and I found 4 very similar, aside from the setting. I mean, it's a sandbox game, but the whole mechanic of claiming towers to open up the map and unlock gear is about identical.

Really? FC3 was the first one I played through in its entirety, and I found 4 very similar, aside from the setting. I mean, it's a sandbox game, but the whole mechanic of claiming towers to open up the map and unlock gear is about identical.

I agree, I though FC4 was pretty much the same as 3 as far as gameplay goes, only difference was story and setting. I can't wait for primal to come out.

I agree, I though FC4 was pretty much the same as 3 as far as gameplay goes, only difference was story and setting. I can't wait for primal to come out.

....why? Honest question. From the looks of things (though I will openly admit I haven't been following it too closely) it looks like it has the exact same style of gameplay as its predecessors.

Back