Brown ale with brett

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoptopia

Reaction score
Ordered 2 brown ale full grain kits, and a package of Brett brux. I'm confused if I add the regular yeast, then add the brett. I plan on doing 2 gallons one with Brett one without. This is my first Attempt with brett, so I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I do this.

The reason I ask is cause in the description under Brett is says to use in conjunction with an ale yeast

Thanks

I made my brett brown using a dual fermentation, brett and ale yeast at once. Is this proper, dont know. But it worked and there is a nice brett flavor to the beer. I also put mine on raspberry puree so that increased the brett flavor a little.

You can use brett as a solo fermentor, just build up a good sized starter as those packs have fairly low cell counts

Using it as a solo yeast it will ferment just about like normal, be fruitier rather than funky when young, and as it ages will become more bretty

Latest posts

Back