Another San Diego-in-ian brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDSUmudman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Ive been lurking the forums for the last few weeks getting pointers and getting even more addicted to this hobby.

First brew was a Red Ale kit from Home Brew Mart (ballast point) here in san diego. It turned out tasting better than expected for a first brew. A little sweet but i think thats due to impatience. Currently I have a makeshift IPA in the fermenter and I wanted to get your opinions on the recipe. Its very simple and will become more complex in time.

7# coopers light DME
1# crystal 60L (steeped for 30 min@ 160 degrees)

2oz centenial 60min
.5oz centenial 30 min
.5oz centenial 15 min
.5oz centenial flameout

OG 1.058

Been in the fermenter for for about a week. Planning on keeping it there for another 2 weeks and then bottling for 3 weeks and distributing to family during thanksgiving dinner. They have been chomping at the bit to try some home brew.

Next brew is going to be pumpkin spice beer for xmas dinner. Any suggestions for a newb? I prefer something that is mostly extract and steeping grains, I dont think i am quite ready for partial mashes.

Also, if there are any other San Diegans that want to taste a pint of my beer and give pointers then hit me up. Feedback only leads to better brews...

Back