Top o' the morning from Burlington, VT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerbrew

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Joshua Clarke (althought I'm known to just about everyone as "Joosh," a high-school nickname that never wore off), I'm 22 years old, and I live, work, and study in Burlington, Vermont. I currently attend the University of Vermont (Go Catamounts!) and am a senior student double majoring in Theatre and English with bases in Performance and Creative Writing.

I enjoy rugby and celtic rock music such as Flogging Molly. My friends and I have a small band and we play weekly at my apartment. I play guitar and fiddle.

I got into brewing about 2 years ago and though I've just entered the realm of true homebrewing, I've got to say it's one of my most enjoyable hobbies to date. I'm currently trying to brew as many different types of beer as possible to get used to all the different processes, and I'm working my way up to all-grain brewing (which has been difficult to try lately, given that our apartment has an electric stove. :rolleyes: )

All in all, i'm glad to be a part of the site and hope that it will serve to be a constant source of information and tips for my homebrewing adventures in the future. I've already enjoyed some advice at this point and am excited to expand my brewing knowledge indefinitely to bring my friends and family some very tasty products in the future, and maybe eventually even help out some beginners when I've reached a better understanding of the art.

As they say in my homeland, "Slainte ma hath, ya bastards!"

- Joosh

Welcome! We'll have to get together for a homebrew sometime. Where are you in Burlington? I'm down in the south end on S. Willard.

Cheers!

Welcome! Got to be a wee bit chilly up there these past couple days! My wife and I try and make it up to Burlington at least once a year, it's a helluva city (at least when it's not -40° outside).

Welcome. South Burlington here, been brewing off and on for years, but this fall jumped back in big. Have been doing every other weekend since sept.

Another one right down the road from me! Are any of you guys part of the Green Mountain Mashers? I'll be going to my first meeting on Monday. Should be fun!

Welcome!

Regarding the electric stove problem, I've seen heat sticks you can plug in and put the end of into the wort to help get a rolling boiling going quickly. Sort of like a cattle prod and a hair curler combined. I have never used one. Just a thought.

Back