First Brew Report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerT

Reaction score
Well, last weekend I had a "public" tasting of the first brew. It was a Brewer's Best Irish Red Ale kit. Well, Friday night a buddy and I tried some. There were only two, because I was testing out the carbonation level. Now, I am biased, cause I think its the cat's azz. His opinion was "wow man...that's smooth. Wow...I could get loaded drinking that stuff." :D We finished it off and he says lets have another...none cold. SO, we have a Killians to keep the flavor/red beer thing going. After two sips..."I like yours better....alot better." :D

Next day, I throw two more in the fridge and head over to see the uncle (namesake for the batch = Crazy Uncle Crimson Ale). I pour two tall glasses and he smiles and takes a wiff and a sip. He said "Damn, that's good. I've been around alot, and I used to brew my own alot, but I don't remember making one this good. I could definately take a few bottles down to the hunting blind..hint hint."

So, after two tasters, we get two thumbs up. I can't wait to get the WInter Warmer ready to go!

-Todd

Awsome. Congrats, there's something about the pride you feel when it all comes together. Good Job.

andre the giant said:
Congratulations on the sucessful brew. Now quick!!! Brew another batch or two. The first batch will be gone before you know it!

Welcome to the madness!!!

Don't worry, my winter warmer is in its second week of the secondary, and a Fat Tire clone is behind it.....

-Todd

andre the giant said:
Congratulations on the sucessful brew. Now quick!!! Brew another batch or two. The first batch will be gone before you know it!

Welcome to the madness!!!
Better advice was never given!

Latest posts

Back