Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the local liquor store that has the best selection of craft beer in town and talked to the person in charge of the beer. I told him that the four bottles of Stone Ruination IIPA they had were TEN months past their drink by date, and he said, "That's okay, Stone beers are good for a while on the shelf, the date doesn't really mean they're bad." Three months later, those same bottles are still on the shelf. Time to start looking for a new beer store.

I went to the local liquor store that has the best selection of craft beer in town and talked to the person in charge of the beer. I told him that the four bottles of Stone Ruination IIPA they had were TEN months past their drink by date, and he said, "That's okay, Stone beers are good for a while on the shelf, the date doesn't really mean they're bad." Three months later, those same bottles are still on the shelf. Time to start looking for a new beer store.

One of my local stores (which actually does really well otherwise) leaves out a display of past-due Enjoy By IPAs on clearance with a tag "ENJOY ANYTIME!"

Shockingly enough, they never seem to sell any either.

Hey all, there's a new beer hitting the market I think you ought to be trying. I hear it tastes a bit nutty.

Nope...

jim-carrey-puking-o.jpg

I don't want to start anything, but...

I've been seeing these "Macro we stand" banner ads from Budweiser and can't be arsed to track it down. Any body know what's up with the slogan? It has the potential to be something funny I heard about beer.

I've been seeing these "Macro we stand" banner ads from Budweiser and can't be arsed to track it down. Any body know what's up with the slogan? It has the potential to be something funny I heard about beer.

Obviously it's due to the backlash from their ******* craft beer-bashing commercial.

They are on TV as well. "Beechwood Strong" was another great tagline.

I saw this commercial on TV today as well! Just too funny, I had to shake my head and laugh at work. Just another amazing example of how Budweisers advertising army can turn ANYTHING on its head and make it a positive for the brewery!

Overheard? Not exactly. Funny? Depends.

I donated a BIAB brewing class for a school fundraiser, that included the class and the two cases of beer it would produce. As I was firming up plans with the winner and helping them figure out what they wanted to brew, their answer (because they had read through my homebrewery's Facebook page): raspberry skeeter pee. Sigh.

I just got "Well, actyually" 'ed on a hypothetical eagle penis beer! Who said this thread isn't great?

Thanks for the clarification though, I suppose a penis wouldn't be very aerodynamic.

Especially with how big it would need to be since it's 'Merican.

Obviously it's due to the backlash from their ******* craft beer-bashing commercial.

They are on TV as well. "Beechwood Strong" was another great tagline.

I really wanted it to be better than that. Like they thought 'macro' was hipster for cool or something.

Reminded me of a fellow I met in college. He was from India (I think) and his roommate convinced him that everyone in America had a nickname, and his was to be Handjob. He walked through the dorm introducing himself to people with this huge smile on his face. "Hello! I am Handjob!" He was so proud of his American name.

Latest posts

Back