What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bomber of my Hi Nelson! Hibiscus Saison. And this is how much I pay attention, I bought this Griffin Claw glass at the brewery more than a month ago and I just now noticed it has a laser etched logo on bottom lol.

1401229593030.jpg

I'm brewing Thursday and racking the quad I brewed onto sour cherries. You're welcome.

Well the app officially hates me with freezing and no picture posting. I'm drinking an 'expired' Obsidian Stout.

A carb test on the saison I bottled, Kicked two kegs yesterday, Fuzzys Hi nelson stalled but I got it going again, I used the Dupont strain.
Only one full keg and it's not fully carbed yet, I need to get to work!

IMG_3196.jpg

Well the app officially hates me with freezing and no picture posting. I'm drinking an 'expired' Obsidian Stout.

Good to see I'm not the only one it hates. I wish they would figure out a way to make an HBT app that isn't completely screwed up.
Drinking my last Buffalo Bayou More Cowbell DIPA. I need to pick more of this up soon. No pic thanks to the app. Y'all will just have to imagine what the beer looks like.

Sampled a ginger-bug pineapple-mango soda. Pulpy, but it has a nice, medium carb and an interesting flavor...that I like! I also put one of my Major Nelson IPA's in the fridge for later...been in the bottle 11 days.

IMAG2993.jpg

After all day in the cooler this bad boy was screaming "drink me!!" So I did what any normal person would do :D

And its right up there in my top sours now

1401242853722.jpg

My first bottle of Major Nelson's IPA from the national Big Brew event. BIAB with Cascade, Falconer's Flight and Simcoe hops, plus a Nelson Sauvin dry hop. Mangrove Jack West Coast yeast. Eleven days in the bottle and wow! Nice head on the pour that was soft and creamy. Slowly backed down, but never completely dissipated. Strong hops aroma. Taste goes quickly from citrus to bitter and finishes with resin. I think the body and carb are good. I think this turned out very well and probably one of my best...maybe THE best, technically.

DSC04841.jpg

DSC04842.jpg

Glass of freshly tapped Edwort's Apfelwein .. damn that's refreshing .. also a Ritual Brewing Hop-o-matic (great brewery in Redlands, CA, see them going far)

Forgot to list my one beer of last night. Had a Petrus Aged Pale with a dinner of mussels. I am not really one to pull out my camera in a restaurant, especially on a date, so you are going to have to form your own mental picture.

I think I am going to see if I can skip the coffee this morning. This should be fun.

Holy freakin' crap has it been a while since I showed my face around here. It's really only been 10 days, but it feels like forever. Between work, going to college, getting divorced, studying for the LSAT and building a kegerator I've had my hands pretty full. Speaking of kegerators, though, mine is done (and by done I mean functional). I will be making it look pretty in the coming months. Right now I am having the first and only beer on tap on the new kegerator, a Centennial/Cascade IPA I call Back in the Saddle.

Welcome back! LSAT? Impressive!

Water. Stressed.

... studying for the LSAT ...

Starting down the path to the dark side?

I did not do much to prepare for the LSAT. The thing that stands out in my mind is that it was much more time intensive than I had expected. But that was 15+ years ago.

EDIT: and I'm drinking coffee and still doing battle with a nasty chest and head cold that started Monday.

Key word in there was "think" ... and that is always subject to change ;) More coffee...

Good catch. I always give myself some wiggle room. :D

On the water.

Going to NEBCO today, so of course I'll have a few there. But I don't want to drink once I get home - I'll save it for when I am brewing tomorrow.

Dave37 is bringing the sour cherries tomorrow so I can dump Mama Fratelli (my quad) onto them before it all goes into the oak barrel!

Back