Stone Brewing Vertical Epic 6-6-6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkrispy

Reaction score
anyone able to find this in the stores? I am not sure if it has already been released or not.

Anyone try it?

Yep I picked up two yesterday. My local liquor store has about 6 left on the shelves.

I really liked it. Good malt, and really good hop flavor. I dont think I could drink more than one every so often though. Im not that much of a "big" beer person, so Ill stick with my session beers.

I now I have 2 Vertical Epic 22ozers to add to my growing collection of Stone bottles. Soon Ill be able to bottle 2 cases using only Stone Brewery bombers

I too have had it and enjoyed it. Big Belgium style, much drier then I expected (thankfully). My father-in-law bought a case and is setting it back to age. He also bought a case split between the IPA, Ruination and Arrogant Bastard, to be sampled and enjoyed at Sunday family dinners. Boy, did I marry into a good family!

I've got two bottles in my fridge. One for relatively soon consumption and one to age at least a year.

I finally checked a liquor store near my house that gets decent micros in and they had several bottles. I picked up 2, $6 each. Ouch, not sure if that is normal or very high for the Vertical Epic.

mrkrispy said:
I finally checked a liquor store near my house that gets decent micros in and they had several bottles. I picked up 2, $6 each. Ouch, not sure if that is normal or very high for the Vertical Epic.

That is in the ball park of what I paid. But it is strong!

I enjoyed one last Thursday. Nice beer, although it certainly does pack a punch. I'd like to pick up a few more bottles to put in the cellar and forget about for awhile.

Back