Hello from New Orleans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuckAssassin

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello and more importantly THANK YOU to all who post on the site. I have been doing quite a bit of reading on the message boards and it is a great to have resource where so many people are willing to help out those who are new to brewing. I am just ordering a homebrew starter kit today, and can't wait to get started. I am just outside of New Orleans (Metairie) and am a recent transplant from Maryland.

Cheers :mug:

Josh

Well my first brew was held up almost a month due to Gustav, Ike and Caroline (2 hurricanes and a new baby girl). But this past weekend I got an Amber Ale (extract/sp.grain kit) underway and in the Ale Pale. When I checked it Sunday morning, I surprised myself with my level of excitement as I saw the blow-off assembly bubbling away feverishly. In future years, I may have to work around September as a brewing month with the constant storm threat. I can honestly say, though, that as long as the resulting beer is drinkable, I will have established a hobby that I am sure I will enjoy for a long time to come. I am going to try and make it to five weeks (2 primary, 2 secondary, 1 bottle) before digging in, but I am not sure my curiosity can be held off that long.

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone. I continue to gather a lot of great information by having access to the folks who make this site great.

Welcome.

You are lucky to have a good homebrew club in N.O. and Covington. There used to be a great homebrew shop on Magazine St. called Brew HaHa, but I do not know if he reopend after Katrina.

Anyway, have fun at it, as it is addicting to brew. I live 40 miles up river from you in Vacherie.

Latest posts

Back