what is your favorite beer quote?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is very hard to determine their authenticity"

-Abraham Lincoln

Bahahahahaaaa!!! Nice one.

I belive it was Frank Sinatra who said: "I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that the best that they're gonna feel all day long."

"Full bottle in front of me. Time to roll up my sleeves and get to work. And after many glasses of work, I get paid......in the brain."

They Might Be Giants

From the great Al Bundy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaA55i1y5wY]AL Bundy- why we drink beer - YouTube[/ame]

"This is grain… which any fool can eat. But for which the Lord intended, a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about….. beer.” – Friar Tuck, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.

-Deep Thought, Jack Handy

Ha! Classic SNL...great one!

"If I'm brewin, I'm drinkin"...someone on this forum in some thread I read not to long ago.

Anyways, I'm not sure it qualifies as a "quote" per se, but I'm going to have to go with the short poem, "Lines on Ale".

:off:My favorite is Anabelle Lee. IMO his very finest work, with a macabre Poe twist. Sweet. I have a volume of EAP works behind me right now. :off:

Anyway, I like this one:

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. - Henny Youngman
he also said

My Grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle.​

I'm reading this interesting book called, The Search for God and Guinness by Stephen Mansfield, which is a history of the Guinness family, and also a history of the importance that beer played in early Christianity (Basically up til the anti-german sentiment of wwI)

There's some great quotes from theologians like Martin Luther, Calvin, and this one from St. Arnold (One of the Patron Saints of beer)

"From Man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."
My wife got that for me for Christmas!

Looking forward to reading it.

In response to the OP, I liked the quote inside the cover of Designing Great Beer by Ray Daniels.

"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs." - David Daye

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

"Have a beer. It don't cost nothin'." - Animal House

"Never trust a man who doesn't drink." - W.C. Fields (also John Wayne, Hemingway, James Crumley, etc.)

"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder." - unk

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose." - "Deep Thoughts," by Jack Handy

“Some men can swing from their heals on the trapeze, some men can become president of the Republic, I can drink cognac.” – Moulin Rouge (1954, Huston)

“An alcoholic is someone you don't like, who drinks as much as you do.” – Dylan Thomas

"Who needs a Born-on-Date when you’re in the delivery room?"- Above the bar at the River Rock Brewery in Little Rock, Arkansas.

"Can I pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?"
"A little early isn't it, Woody?"
"For a beer?"
"No, for stupid questions."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v12F0bZkJ4E]Cry Walk - Home Movies - YouTube[/ame]

From a great cartoon comedy called "Home Movies"

"you said there'd be beer, and there was, but now there isn't, so I'm leaving..."

"Bart, a woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" -Homer Simpson

"Would you like a beer, Mr. Peterson?"
"No, I'd like a dead cat in a glass." -Norm Peterson. Fits my sense of humor I guess.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a Frontal Lobotomy." -from a 70's t-shirt my uncle wore.

Hermit hoar, in solemn cell,
Wearing out life's evening gray,
Smite thy bosom, sage, and tell,
What is bliss? and which the way?
Thus I spoke; and speaking sighed;
Scarce repressed the starting tear;
When the smiling sage replied:
"Come, my lad, and drink some beer."

From Boswell's "Life of Johnson"
London, England - 1791

"you can't say you've been drinking all day if you don't start early!"
The founder of Hooters during an interview on Drinking Made Easy.

... < please stand by >

embedding suddenly not functioning on this thread?
Squirrely servers?
sheesh.
nevermind.

From one of my favorite places:

We don’t brew beer for the masses. Instead, our beers are crafted for a chosen few, a small cadre of renegades and rebels who enjoy a beer that pushes the limits of what is commonly accepted as taste. In short, we make beer for people like us. -Founders Brewing Co.

Back