Canned fruit wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewUpAndSup

Reaction score
Just started my pineapple and apricot wine from canned fruit. Started it yesterday and it's bubbling away nicely already! This is the first time from canned fruit and looking forward to tasting it when it's done : )
Anyone else made any?

sounds like a good idea especially if you can get it cheap, did you run it threw a juicer or just stomp it?

Just put it in a muslin bag and mashed it by hand! It's a bit of an experiment so fingers crossed! It's bubbling away so at least it's working! : )

I've considered this but I just assumed that there would be preservatives in the cans.

Let us know how it goes!

Dicky

only certain preservatives actually kill yeast, usually if you let your mixture sit for awhile before pitching it will take off.

Hey guys. All the fruit I've used has had no preservatives at all. It's all been 100% natural fruit and juices. I managed to get a buy 1 & get 2 free! You heard...buy 1....get 2....free!!!!! Will keep you all updated. As it stands, it's still bubbling nicely! :)

Hey Dicky! Recipe was 3 cans of pineapple and one can of peaches. 1kg of sugar, Yeast and nutrient, 1 campden tablet, tsp of pectolase, 1 tsp of tannin, 1 tsp of citric acid.
This is to make 1 gallon of wine.
Like I said earlier, it's bubbling nicely and smells divine! I'm gonna keep it in primary for a total of 14 days then take all the fruit out and transfer to secondary!

The pineapple was in juice but the peaches was in a syrup. As for the size of cans they were just normal 410g ones. Only making a gallon so never used that much fruit.
I took the lid off the fermenting bin today and smells bloody strong! : ) lol

Ahh, the wonderous imperial gallon.

And judging by the use of kilo's, grams and the word 'bloody', I would say the poster is somewhere in the UK.

Good to see someone else is :)

Dicky

Yes, I am in the uk and yes, I did use water. Used just enough water to dissolve the sugar and will top up again when I transfer to my 1 Gallon demijohn. :)

Back