ahbs super brew pot question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasman

Reaction score
i want to order the 32 quart super brew pot and i can get the stainless weldless bulkhead and ball valve installed...it calls it a cooler kit....i can do my full boils with it, right?...and if you have this are you pleased with it... thanks

i don't know about that kind but i have a 32qt pot currently (which was given to me) and it does a full boil just fine, but if i was to buy a pot i would probably go with a 40qt just for the extra 2 gallons of space for a better rolling boil and less chance of boil over at times. but just my opinion.

i guess my real question is .....can the weldless bulkhead and ball valve hold up to the heat when boiling for 60 minutes...why does ahbs call it a cooler kit...

I bought the 40qt last year and absolutely love it!!

1 x Super Brew Pot ( 40 qt) (Megapot) $134.98
1 x Stainless Steel 3-piece Ball Valve (1/2") $28.99
1 x Stainless Steel Nipple (1/2" NPT to 1/2" Barbed)

Here it is with about 7.5 gallons in it.

DSC_9257.jpg

Chilling...

DSC_9263-1.jpg

DSC_9265.jpg

DSC_9247.jpg

I just got the 60qt super brew pot with the bulkhead and ball valve. I love it. It is definitely a huge pot for my 5 gallon batches, but I will probably start doing 10gallon batches later.

Eric

I want one of these so bad! How is the mounting height of the dip tube? Is it high enough to leave the trub and hops at the bottom after the boil?

Back