best online shop to buy kegs in Canada?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaldwarf

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any online retailers in Canada that sell corny kegs and parts? I would prefer to buy in Canada rather than risk shipping duties importing from the USA.

Thanks

I'm near the US/Canada border and I found a place in NY that will accept shipments and email me when something arrives for me. I had my kegs & kit shipped there then drove over to pick them up.

Customs only charged me the PST & GST to bring them back. That plus $3.25 each way bridge toll, + $5 for the Ship-it-Shop's fee, + about $2 in gas and I am way ahead of having it shipped to my home. For starters UPS shipping would have been about $30 more, and they would have hit me with "brokerage fees".

dms, I'd be interested in your Ottawa guy? I'm only about 45 minutes away.

I live on an island it's a hundred bucks each way for the ferry to get off. So driving to Washington State is a no can do.

UPS has a tendency to hit anything crossing the boarder with a $200 Brokerage fee :mad: . USPS usually doesn't have any fees, and if they do it is like $5 rather than hundreds.

In a pinch I will buy from the USA as long as I can get it shipped USPS.

Hi I know this was a while ago but do you still know someone in Ottawa selling kegs for $35 each? And do you know if they are balllock kegs?

awesome. thanks for those links guys. ive been looking for a place in ontario to buy kegging supplies.

I bought the 2pack of reconditioned kegs from OBK two weeks ago and was extremely happy. I had a tracking number within 1 hour of my order (fastest turnaround I've ever seen), and my parcel arrived 5 days ahead of time from Ontario to Alberta.

My favourite Canadian stores by far are (in no particular order):
hopdawgs
ontariobeerkegs
beergrains
craftbrewing

zombie thread,

There's someone selling a kegging system on Kijiji in Ontario. and he's letting go of 3 ball lock cornies, for $115 but the posting if frim Jun 18th, so he might not have it any more.

Back