Stumbled onto some new equipment...!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex

Reaction score
A while back I posted on a local message board that I was looking for some beer/bar equipment...didn't get much response.

Then a few days ago a guy emailed me and said he has everything I need.

I stopped by yesterday. He's a former bar owner and has a ton of gear.

He gave me:

A bunch of disconnects....ball locks and pin locks...

may2008misc010tl5.jpg

A tower...

may2008misc013qu3.jpg

This regulator...it's a Taprite 5740...I think???

may2008misc014fy2.jpg

And this one also...it's marked as Simgo on the dials...

may2008misc011fo3.jpg

I also got a coil of beer and air line. He also is going to get me a couple of cornie kegs and he's also got a few of the smaller 2.5gallon cornies...

All in all it was a great haul!

And the best part...the price....

$0.00

He just wants a case or two of my brew.

I told him no problem...I felt so bad afterward that I called him and offered him money again...he said no so I told him I'd buy something else. So he had a bunch of bar signs, etc. I'm going to buy a couple or Rickard's Red signs and a few Labatt signs. Bonus!

He also had this machine that he was pretty excited about. I guess it's basically a small A/C unit. You hook up your kegs (up to six I think) and CO2. Then plug in the machine and wait for it to cool. Then it has a pony tap type of handle with six buttons. Press 1 through 6 for whichever keg you want. He said it's a great little machine and eliminates the need to keep your kegs in a fridge. I got to say I'm intrigued by it. Anyone know anymore about this?

Anyway...a great day overall! Sorry for the long post.

That machine sounds kinda like a soda gun like you'd find at a restaurant or bar. I've heard of them being used for beer, but never seen it.

My guess is that the machine is a soda gun, but of the old pre-mix variety. That's when you'd just go buy a 5 gal corny of soda (not syrup) and hook it right up. Probably has a cold plate in it, and you'd need to keep your beer at a higher PSI because it is room temp, but sounds like an interesting system, as long as the internal lines are not filled with root-beer smell.

As you can see in the pics the gauges on the taprite are busted.

I stopped by Princess Auto yesterday and picked up a couple of gauges for $3 each. They are 0 - 400 psi. They screw right into the fitting.

Will they work?

I don't have a CO2 tank yet to test them.

Any ideas?

Ok...I didn't buy the 100psi gauges....I noticed that www.kegworks.com has 60 psi gauges for $6.77 each.

Can anyone tell me if either of these regulators is ok to use.

I'm planning on a full size fridge with a max of 3 kegs plus the CO2 tank.

I don't need all those splitters....so I'm assuming that I can just remove them?

Anyone?

Back