BIG Newb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celestyal

Reaction score
Okay, so i'm intrested in starting to make my own kombucha. I know i need a scoby(sp?) and i know i love the stuff. You have just reached the extent of my knowledge!;) Beer and wine i have, very tasty stuff. Just looking to branch out a bit. Thanks for any help and apologies if this is a repeat thread that someone might have going.:tank:

I was able to grow a scoby quite easily from some commercial kombucha added to some sweetened tea. It took about 2 weeks to get nice and stout, then I set it to work on some more sweetened tea for drinking. Growing up the scoby produces kombucha that is not good to drink.

I'm not sure I understand that sentence, can you clarify?
I'm also a new to Kombucha.

Thanks

He means that if you make a batch to create a scoby the tea will not be great for drinking. Once you do have a scoby the batch you make should be tasty.

I bought my scoby from http://kombuchahealthdrink.com/ but I have not received it yet. I figured I would rather start with a batch that I can drink rather than creating a mother scoby for 2 weeks.

--Shoki

Oh ok thanks Shoki. I thought he meant that a "homegrown" scoby doesnt make good tea. That makes alot more sense though.

Latest posts

Back