Drinking and writing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Reaction score
As I finish my 2nd Dogfish Head 90-Min IPA and type up my current business seminar paper, I was curious if any other students out there find they do their best work after a few brews?

I stared at my computer for the first hour before I had my 1st beer and after that the words just started pouring out. I've been doing this for my past 4 classes and I've pulled a 4.0 to date so I know it works for me! :mug:

hmm I haven't tried that but man thats a good idea....

I always seem to be a bit less inhibited after a few beers.

I'll deffinatly try that next paper I write

Not for writing. For writing I need coffee.

But I had a computer programming class that necessitated a couple pre-class beers.

I'm the same way. Now, if only they would let students drink beer while in class or just before...I'd never skip class again!

desiderata said:
Now, if only they would let students drink beer while in class or just before...I'd never skip class again!

THATS MY PROBLEM!! Dude chemistry is the most annoying class ever! Especially as a Senior....can't belive I screwed up and waited this long to take it...

but yeah I skip WAY too much......think that could explain my 2.8 gpa?

greenhornet said:
THATS MY PROBLEM!! Dude chemistry is the most annoying class ever! Especially as a Senior....can't belive I screwed up and waited this long to take it...

but yeah I skip WAY too much......think that could explain my 2.8 gpa?

I'm doing my MBA online so it's kinda hard to skip class! My undergrad 11 years ago (damn that's painful to type) was different and I graduated with a 2.9 after pulling a 4.0 average my last 2 years! ;)

Fingers said:
I do my best writing while cold sober. Maybe that's why I'm such a retard on this site?....

No one that has a hat like that can be classified as a retard in my book! :rockin:

Yeah? Good luck on your MBA....might do that...might not

Where are you taking it online?

ok I exaderated a little bit....i've got a 2.9...

If I do alright this semester and this summer I'll be good to graduate and should have a decent GPA

I've got a loan forgivness clause on one of my loans so if I graduate after this summer with over a 3.0 I don't have to pay it back so I'm REALLY pushing to do it

take it easy

greenhornet said:
Yeah? Good luck on your MBA....might do that...might not

Where are you taking it online?

ok I exaderated a little bit....i've got a 2.9...

If I do alright this semester and this summer I'll be good to graduate and should have a decent GPA

I've got a loan forgivness clause on one of my loans so if I graduate after this summer with over a 3.0 I don't have to pay it back so I'm REALLY pushing to do it

take it easy

University of Phoenix. I started it at DePaul in Chicago when I lived there but I just didn't have the time to do the classroom thing while working. UofP has definately been a great experience.

Really? Thats pretty cool. I've actually been considering them for my MBA bc I'm broke and can't wait to start getting a real paycheck. Plus I'm pretty burned out on the whole classroom thing.

Good Luck

No regrets about it although when I started I was a bit apprehensive about doing it all at an online school. SWMBO is a professor at Rutgers and even she has been impressed by the curriculum so I can definately recommend it. If you want more info PM me.

desiderata said:
I'm the same way. Now, if only they would let students drink beer while in class or just before...I'd never skip class again!

I had an ethics teacher that told us if we get drunk before class its ok as long as we show up drunk for test.

Beer before class during the day.. no way, that killed me. I have the hardest time keeping my eyes open when I have a beer or two during the day.

For writing a paper. If the paper was a research paper for science or humanities... no way. For my film genres and multimedia classes, drinking a tasty brew or three was a necessity.

Graduated 2 months ago (dec 06) with a 3.0

Back