Anyone watching Cavemen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rdwj said:
Ok, I watched the season two first episode over lunch. Now THAT is funny. Thanks for the suggestion

Glad you liked it!

For better or worse, the show's dead. Two seasons, twelve episodes. I haven't seen the last one yet, but from all accounts, it's hit the end. Brit shows seem to do that a lot - not stretch things out beyond their natural life.

To comment on Caveman, that show sucked monkey balls plain and simple. I watched it out of morbid curiosity and wasted a half hour of my life.

I don't watch most primetime stuff since it's all cookie cutter crap. And I can't stand "reality" tv. You want reality? Watch a documentary.

South Park, FG, Simpsons, espn/nesn, Adult Swim, and all the discovery/history channels. I just started watching the office, a friend brought season one over and we watched the entire thing in one night, that is some funny ****.

I just wish I didn't have to subscribe to over 200 channels just to watch the 5 or 10 that I like.... goddam I hate comcast...

Dude said:
Does anyone watch Lost? I started late--watched all 3 seasons in about 3 weeks. I'm totally addicted and can't wait for the next season. February. Arrrgh.

Big Lost fan here, we have season one on DVD, but not the others yet. I am pissed that they don't even show reruns while we wait it out until February.

I've heard great things about Lost and 24, but they seem to be ones you had to watch from the beginning.

Dude said:
Does anyone watch Lost? I started late--watched all 3 seasons in about 3 weeks. I'm totally addicted and can't wait for the next season. February. Arrrgh.

I watch lost. Good show. Watched the first two seasons on Netflix, but the 3rd isn't out on DVD yet...I'm trying to score the eps via bittorrent, but no luck so far (all I found was some torrents that were in spanish and had no video due to codec problems). All I want is to be able to watch the 3rd season before the 4th comes out on TV.

The problem with shows like Lost, Prison Break, 24, etc., is that every single episode brings up more questions than it answers...and leaves you hanging at the end. That's how they operate. Never any gratification. So watching them on TV really sucks compared to watching it on DVD...where you don't have to wait 7 days until the next one. We watched the entirety of Sopranos and The Wire on Netflix, and it's so much better than having to wait until next week.

rdwj said:
I've heard great things about Lost and 24, but they seem to be ones you had to watch from the beginning.

24 has a new story every season...yeah, there are some parts that you won't get because they have a backstory that relates to previous seasons, but it's not entirely necessary.

Lost, yeah, you need to watch from the beginning. One word: Netflix.

Why there is so much 'reality tv' out there:

1) No unions: since the production doesn't use real actors for their production (most have exactly zero pro talent involved) they can then make up the entire production staff from non-union labor. This means they can get the absolute cheapest workers out there. The reduced production costs mean that even if it flops, they haven't lost a lot of money. That's why there are always a dozne or more new ones cropping up--- they can float the series on several thou. If it pans out the first week will pay the initial investment.

2) it has the core viewer investment/reinvestment cycle that a television series needs: a reason to keep people coming back. People talk to people at the office about what happened on the show last night. Then, in order to keep involved int eh conversation, they have to keep watching it. This also feeds new viewers in as people talk to their friends who aren't watching it.

3) low barrier to entry. Anyone can understand what the people are doing and can form an opinion about it. None of the concepts are hard, difficult to absorb or unusual. All viewers can relate to what is going on.

We've been having an airplane dragging a HUGE Geico/caveman head banner around town for the last week. Glad the show is tanking cuz it's slowing highway traffic as people gawk at the thing.

When I 1st saw it from afar I thought it was an amber alert until I made out the neanderthal melon :cross:.

I can't believe that the Caveman show is so awful. You'd think a show like that would be so easy a cave... aw forget it. I heard on the radio there was another pilot made back in April, and it was hilarious. But the one that was showed yesterday was much, much MUCH more horrible than the first pilot.

I personally think there should be a bigger showing of The Biggest Loser. I mean c'mon people! It's taking a bunch of fatties and forcing them into weightloss programs! More of America NEEDS this!

Did you guys see the hour long Family Guy where they did A New Hope? I thought they did a great job and look forward to the hopefully inevitable Empire and Jedi episodes. But maybe fox won't let them have two more whole hours. Despite being a lot of unrelated cut scenes, I think the show is great and very funny. At least its original, comedy that isn't original/suprising in some way isn't comedy.

BTW, Cavemen was intentionally skipped at the landhoney house, I was sure I wasn't missing anything. Guess I was right.

Hate to say it but i turned it off after the second set of commercials even though I have a vested interest :)

Back