Let's Talk About Brew Sculptures Again!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a bunch of dragons in the shape of various chinese characters.
should make some great beer.

i'm not sure i get the dragon/grasshopper referance ..but thanks? :D

DCP_4471.JPG

BREWSTAND%20025.jpg

BREWSTAND%20028.jpg

BREWSTAND%20029.jpg

yea they are big platforms - but i plan on using 20 gallon megapots so they seem to fit nicely. all in all not bad for a days work in the shop

Brewhead:

Darned if that isn't one neat design. Maybe a little tall, but really neat. Nice brew shed too.

You say you had this made up. So you just gave a shop the plans and they went at it? If you don't mind, how much did it run? Not counting the kettles.

Maybe a little tall, but really neat. Nice brew shed too.

yea i could probably have carved a 1 foot off of it but i was worried about the gravity feed being enough from the top platform to the cooler for sparging.

that was the first one i've ever designed and the first one i've ever seen first hand. so i don't think i did too bad. and if the extra foot becomes a prob i can always cut it back - it's a lot harder to add to.

i came up with the cad design and handed it to our shop and they fab'd in in about two days. i made it extra beefy so that i could easily step up to 20 and 30 gallon mega pot batches without worrying about the stand being able to carry the load - but one that could also handle 5 gallon with ease.

materials & labor around $300 you could prob get out for less with 1/8 inch angle - i used 1 1/2x1 1/2x1/4 angle which is about double the price - etc but not too shabby i think.

Brewhead:

Thanks for the info. I wasn't criticizing the height of the thing, just critiquing. Yes, it's always easier to remove material than to add it later. The extra heavy duty stock should serve you well. I still have no idea how my three tier design will look or what it will be made out of. I wish I could come across some of those sign posts like BrewPastor used. That way I could bolt the thing together and make later adjustments fairly easily.

Happy brewing.... :)

120,000 btu cast iron burners. though i may upgrade soon

the 20 gallon kettle isn't bad as far as time to boil - it could always be quicker eh?

added a grainhopper the other day
swings away when not in use
grain_hopper_005.jpg

damper
grain_hopper_003.jpg

Latest posts

Back