Greetings from Peoria, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knappster

Reaction score
I got my first homebrew kit for Christmas, and started saving up bottles for it shortly thereafter. I had the family down this past weekend to brew it up and it's fermenting as I type. I stumbled across this site several times when searching google for some tips on the remaining steps (namely bottling). Hopefully I will soon be posting with a homebrewed Amber Ale in my hand.

Awesome knappster!! my wife got me a wine kit, so I have 6gl of Merlot in secondary and am trying to gear up for my brew, Cheers!

Dang! If people are homebrewing in Peoria, we're mainstream!

(Born in Crete, IL Like Peoria, but much smaller.)

I had been meaning to go to Rhodell's to brew beer there for quite some time and then I was given this brew kit instead. I have a feeling I will be learning a lot more from my mistakes this way!

I was at the beerfest too. The next day we started brewing! They have some homebrewer associations there every year, I wonder if any of the members are on the forums...

And I camped at or near Eagle, WI several years ago. Kettle Morraine State Park I think it was. Not too far from Milwaukee, I was able to visit Summerfest and tour the Sprecher's Brewery. That is a fun tour :)

If it's been a long time since any of you have been to Peoria (say 10 years or so), the riverfront has changed pretty dramatically. I have only lived here a few years, but my brother went to Bradley about that many years ago and he's always surprised by how much there is to do down there whenever he visits.

You guys have a descent beer following up there. I'd say it at least rivals ours.
Welcome!

Ha, I went to school in Champaign. I have no comment on the beer brewing over there, but the beer drinking is much higher! Watch out for the college drunks during the Irish Illini Bar Scramble!!!!!

Ha, I went to school in Champaign. I have no comment on the beer brewing over there, but the beer drinking is much higher! Watch out for the college drunks during the Irish Illini Bar Scramble!!!!!

yeah, it's this weekend. you going to be there?

No way, lol. I did a few times as a student, but those days are behind me. Now that I am in Peoria, the Beerfest is about as exciting as it gets :p

eh well we're doing in big brew at the pilot plant down here (pays to be a registered student orginization here)

Big steam jacketed kettle and chilling system, etc. I think the batch size is going to be 40gal.
Pilot Plant Brew

eh well we're doing in big brew at the pilot plant down here (pays to be a registered student orginization here)

Big steam jacketed kettle and chilling system, etc. I think the batch size is going to be 40gal.
Pilot Plant Brew

I read that an thought "Man, what's Dr. Artz up to now." Followed the link and was not dissapointed.

Back