I think I finally made a beer that jumps out on my taste buds!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat x nub

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So today was bottle day and I was all excited of course. I got an auto-siphon today....worked great until it didnt fit all the way into the neck of the carboy, so I took a funnel and filter and ever so lightly poured it into my bottling bucket (yes i know...not the smartest idea but i accidently broke my second racking cane so this was the only choice). Anyway, once the beer was in the bottling bucket I of course took a small sanitized cup and tried some of it. It was well....okay. Not the best...not the worst...just so, so. I added the priming sugar thinkin maybe it will sweeten it up a bit and a that little extra I needed. Nope...that didn't do it. I was a bit disapointed cuz this was a recipe I kinda thought up in my head and just brewed it. So i was sitting there thinking, "Is there anything i can add to this beer to gve it a little extra." I was just about to bottle the boring beer until I remember I had made a bunch of lime extract the month before to make a BL Lime clone. So then I took the lime extract out of the fridge which was sitting in there for a month and added it to a little cup and then added some of the beer to see if they blended. OMG!!!!! It was PERFECT! (maybe not perfect...but it turned this boring, bland beer into a great beer I would drink everyday!) It tasted sooooooo good. So i added the rest of the lime extract then to the bottling bucket and stired it and it tasted AMAZING! I can't wait to see how good it is carbonated. :ban: The beer had a citrus type aroma before i added the lime extract...and the citrus aroma and the lime extract mixed perfectly! I can't wait to share this with my friends.

I will post the recipe in the recipe section later and post the link! WOOOOOO:ban:

EDIT: Here is the recipe....https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=777731#post777731

Ahhh I do know that feeling well, the one of making a boring batch better.

After reading your recipe, I can't decide if it looks like meaningless hooch-ish, or a really easy tasty summer drink to make. Judging by your reaction I think it's the latter.

Ahhh I do know that feeling well, the one of making a boring batch better.

After reading your recipe, I can't decide if it looks like meaningless hooch-ish, or a really easy tasty summer drink to make. Judging by your reaction I think it's the latter.

Yeah...its easy and refreshing and very light. Great for the summer

Hope it turns out great! :)

Keep in mind that the yeast will eat the priming sugar while the beer carbonates, so you'll lose the sweetness you tasted from its addition.

Hope it turns out great! :)

Keep in mind that the yeast will eat the priming sugar while the beer carbonates, so you'll lose the sweetness you tasted from its addition.

yeah i know...i hope the lime taste will give it a little sweetness but its gunna be a bit sour too.

Back