Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my latest brew rig. Upgraded over the winter with a therminator and pump, 1/2" silicone lines with cam locks. Even have a nice thermometer on the outlet of the chiller. Just got to find some time to paint it!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398686408.070303.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398686439.038903.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398686471.549022.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398686537.060772.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398686572.100367.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Here is mine, no the cooler doesn't go there.haha have only uswd it once. My buddy made the whole thing for me..

1399381418107.jpg

Here it is, basically all done. With the BG14 burners I can switch from NG to propane if needed very easily with an orifice-swap. Needle valves work great for fine-tuning everything. Those are custom NG hoses as well - 2 of them cost $25 to get made, way cheaper than I thought they'd be.

Of course it's always a work in progress. I've since added a valve to the pump output, and a couple heat shields will be in the mix shortly.

YxXc6Yg.png

Here is my simple gravity fed stand that I built from lumber reclaimed/repurposed from a deck I dismantled. Just need one additional burner.

DSC_0023.jpg

Paul if you could hook me up with the source for those 90 degree needle valves that would be great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Here is my simple two teir put together using metal from an old truck rack. No fancy gadgets here but it does the trick. Hoping to add a pump soon though.

1399732230001.jpg

1399732271034.jpg

1399732305070.jpg

Open ArdBir is project for process automation for “all grain” beer production with a single vessel (BIAB/RIMS) system.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Open-Ardbir/606829852720387?_rdr

The micro controller “Arduino Uno” is the core of the automation process and can be used in both a fully automatic or manual mode. The controller automates all the phases from mashing in the grain to boiling the wort, this includes any required hop additions.

The controller delivers all these capabilities in a simple easy to follow and logical manner for beginner and advanced home-brewers alike. The system interacts and can be programmed via 4 Push Buttons, and an LCD feeds back all the relevant information the user needs in all the phases, whether used while setting or running the system.

A shield was developed in order to connect a Temperature Probe; SSR relay for controlling a heating element; Pump Relay; Signal Buzzer; along with the LCD display and 4 Push Buttons.

Enjoy
Davide

1399741391649.jpg

1399741457590.jpg

1399741489799.jpg

1399741520692.jpg

1399741540847.jpg

Here is mine, no the cooler doesn't go there.haha have only uswd it once. My buddy made the whole thing for me..

You must know something that your buddy wants to keep from his wife. That is the only way one of my pals would make something that nice for me:mug:

After taking a year and a half off. "kind of burnt out from brewing after making all the beer for my wedding" I finely got the new rig together and now running some test. Just waiting for the coil for the HLT and I should be ready for my first batch to be run.

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

After taking a year and a half off. "kind of burnt out from brewing after making all the beer for my wedding" I finely got the new rig together and now running some test. Just waiting for the coil for the HLT and I should be ready for my first batch to be run.

Cool setup. What kind of controller? Is it easier to control with electricity?

Cool setup. What kind of controller? Is it easier to control with electricity?

This is a Brewtroller controller pro which in my opinion is ruff compered to the BCS controller I have seen. This is probably because I suck at under standing the programing but the people that work their have the best customer service and have no problems with helping walking you through it.

The new Troller BX1 controllers might be better but have never used it.
https://www.oscsys.com/

So far electric is the way to go. No more going to get propane in the snow! The big bonus I see is controlling the temperatures and having it setup against the wall out of the way is also nice. I am still testing and hope to put grains in it next weekend and can give you more thoughts after if you want.

My simple system, nothing like some of the true master pieces being posted, but hopefully it should work. I picked the table up for $20 in a auction, it used to be a check out counter at a beauty shop, it is built like a tank with a granite top. I welded up some racks for the Blichman floor burner to get it higher, and the HLT, I supply the water with a filter and hose.
I have never done AG before, hopefully I will be doing a 5 gal NB Deadringer kit for the first time next weekend.:mug: I just ordered two kits of Tiger Tank Altbier to do a 10 gal batch a week after.

Picture 321.jpg

This is a Brewtroller controller pro which in my opinion is ruff compered to the BCS controller I have seen. This is probably because I suck at under standing the programing but the people that work their have the best customer service and have no problems with helping walking you through it.

The new Troller BX1 controllers might be better but have never used it.
https://www.oscsys.com/

So far electric is the way to go. No more going to get propane in the snow! The big bonus I see is controlling the temperatures and having it setup against the wall out of the way is also nice. I am still testing and hope to put grains in it next weekend and can give you more thoughts after if you want.

Does it utilize a Pid loop via milliamp signal?

Thanks Wbarber69 for the idea it does look good!

Good looking set up Vetter I bet it will make fine beer good luck with AG. To tell the truth you are probably a smarter man then me. Keeping it simple, clean and cheap. The one think I learned from my build is if it has marine, RV, or brewing in the title it will cost three times as much.

Does it utilize a Pid loop via milliamp signal?

Do what???:confused: J/K

It does have PID but not auto tune you have to manually set it up.

From the web page:

https://www.oscsys.com/projects/brewtroller/getting-started

BrewTroller uses Maxim DS18B20 1-Wire digital temperature sensors to monitor various temperatures in your brewing system. These sensors connect via a 1-Wire communication bus that uses a single data wire along with signal ground and bus power.
Each heat output can be configured to use On/Off or PID Mode. On/Off control simply turns off an output if the setpoint has been reached and turns on the output if the temperature falls below the setpoint. A hysteresis value is used to create a deadband and avoid rapid cycling of the output. The hysteresis will cause the output to remain off unless the value drops below the setpoint by more than the hysteresis value.

In PID mode the output operates with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM). You define the cycle time for the output (for example 1s) and the PID controller will control the duty cycle between 0-100%. At 75% power for a 1s cycle time the output will be turned on for 750ms and then off for 250ms, repeatedly. This functionality was designed to be used with electric heating elements in vessels and provides fine control of vessel heat.

Open ArdBir is project for process automation for “all grain” beer production with a single vessel (BIAB/RIMS) system.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Open-Ardbir/606829852720387?_rdr

The micro controller “Arduino Uno” is the core of the automation process and can be used in both a fully automatic or manual mode. The controller automates all the phases from mashing in the grain to boiling the wort, this includes any required hop additions.

The controller delivers all these capabilities in a simple easy to follow and logical manner for beginner and advanced home-brewers alike. The system interacts and can be programmed via 4 Push Buttons, and an LCD feeds back all the relevant information the user needs in all the phases, whether used while setting or running the system.

A shield was developed in order to connect a Temperature Probe; SSR relay for controlling a heating element; Pump Relay; Signal Buzzer; along with the LCD display and 4 Push Buttons.

Enjoy
Davide

Could you explain the third photo? It looks like a way to distribute your sparge water but I don't understand the rod and metal bar that goes across.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400178312.364606.jpg

I put this together on the fly last night with some scrap wood. Fly sparging is incredible!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back