Building a new keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_merlin

Reaction score
My 1986 chest freezer that has been operating as my keezer died over the weekend. Although I did have some refurbishing and build money in it, I did get the old freezer for free. But now I am going to be purchasing a new chest freezer and starting a new build. I have a couple questions for the group...

I am going to be mounting rolling casters. However, I can't/don't want to weld casters onto the freezer. Does this mean I must create a frame for the freezer or is it possible to screw the casters onto the bottom of the freezer?

On my previous keezer, the top lid lifted open without the wooden collar lifting open. However, with my new keezer, I want the collar to lift open with the lid attached. My question is, how is the lid attached to the collar so that the lid doesn't fall off when open?

Id build a cart/cradle that you could set the freezer on let its own weight keep everything together.

Back