Over-Stressing Compressor with dual Keezer/Fermentation Chamber Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nee622

Reaction score
I currently have a chest freezer I am hoping to convert into a keezer very soon and thinking about trying to create a second box made of insullation panels that is cooled by the keezer. Here is my plan...

I acquired a cooling fan kit (Cooling Fan Kit) through craigslist and was going to use that to transfer cold air from the keezer to the cooler. It is similar to a build like (Fan Fermentation/Keezer Build). In the future if I want to be really cool I could use antifreeze like ( Anti-freeze Fermentation/Keezer Build).

HOWEVER, here is my question. I don't want to go through all this effort and risk breaking the compressor on my keezer do to too much stress. Does anyone have any experience with this issue (or something similar) and do you think the added effort of cooling of the fermentation chamber will put too much stress on the compressor over time (months/1-3 years) and cause it to break?

Side note that I just thought of: If I place the keezer lift springs on the collar so that when I open the keezer it lifts the collar AND the top. Will this put too much stress on the lifting springs/brackets and cause them to fail over time?

Back