How is the word "lefse" actually pronounced.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lefse.jpg
lefse Pronunciation: LEFF-suh Notes: This Norwegian flatbread resembles a flour tortilla, only it's made with mashed potatoes. It's used as a wrapper for various sandwich fillings. Dried lefse should be moistened, then heated briefly in a microwave. Substitutes: flour tortilla

The first number is the year and the last 3 are the batch number, so 7034 is the 34th batch he brewed in 2007.

MMmmmmm Lefse, my grandmother use to have that at all family get togethers. I think I have to go find some now to enjoy in her memory over the holidays.

my wife's family (mother's side) is Norwegian immigrants from 3-4 generations ago.
they are making their annual lefse batch this coming Tuesday.

all the SWMBO's gather and make several pounds of the stuff.

I eat a little, and eat it plain. I prefer to get my carbs from a specific source that comes from barley ;)

Visiting my Minnesota GPs right now. Between the lefse and the northern brewer, it's the place to be.

So now we have to brew a batch where we mash mashed potatoes as a starch adjunct with a lot of pilsner malt and maybe some aromatic, fortify it with clear candi sugar, hop with something spicy and noble, and ferment it with a good peppery abbey yeast. 3787 or something.
Ta-da! Lefse Abbey Ale!

Back