Cal clone progress

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garyr2973

Reaction score
I think it's turning out pretty close to Cal's. not that it's exact but that's why it's a "clone", right?

image-1581900240.jpg

Pretty much finished with the brewery. Waiting on the enclosure for my counterflow chiller. Decided to make a stainless case for the chiller so that it fits in more on the stand than just a black rubber coil.

Chugger pumps with stainless pump shroud.jpg

Vessels with wood panel installed.jpg

wood grain.jpg

Brew stand with front panel.jpg

Control panel (2).jpg

Looking good. You have lots of time into polishing those kegs and they look amazing!

Yeah I can never remember if its with a C or K. I always have to go to his site and look and apparently I guessed wrong when I wrote this. Lol

What exactly did you use on the wood to get it to look like that? Also what kind of wood is it?

It's reclaimed beech wood. I put 2 coats of Danish oil (natural color) and 3 coats of polyurethane. It's amazing the grain and look of the wood. No sanding or anything. Ran it through the planer and it looks incredible.

I built the enclosure myself. Since I didn't have to worry about placing it close to the kettles I didn't have to worry about it being waterproof. It's made out of 1/8 aluminum bent on a press then painted with automotive paint and clear coat.

Garyr2973 said:
I built the enclosure myself. Since I didn't have to worry about placing it close to the kettles I didn't have to worry about it being waterproof. It's made out of 1/8 aluminum bent on a press then painted with automotive paint and clear coat.

image-1443801328.jpg

image-585715304.jpg

Sorry about the condensation. My camera doesn't like going from the AC house to the garage when it's 95 degrees outside

Garyr2973 said:
It's reclaimed beech wood. I put 2 coats of Danish oil (natural color) and 3 coats of polyurethane. It's amazing the grain and look of the wood. No sanding or anything. Ran it through the planer and it looks incredible.

image-2124819785.jpg

image-611274686.jpg

This is just the front panel. This is just two coats of Danish oil. The difference is amazing. Very easy to apply too. Just use a foam brush. No wiping or anything.

Back