Which Love 16B PID do I need to control a Honeywell SV9501M2528

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khomburg

Reaction score
OK, here it goes. My first post, :rockin: and I'm sure it won't be my last.

I've been planning and designing a Brutus 10 style brew sculpture for the past 6 weeks and am getting down to the nitty gritty. I'm starting to source and spec my parts list.

I'm going to be using the Honeywell Smart Valves (SV9501M2528) to control my burners and provide the intermittent pilot lights. I want to use these Love 16B PID controllers for temp. control. I want to be able to the use the ramp/soak feature of these controllers to be able to control stepped mashing and as timers for both the mash and the boil.

I am planning on wiring my control panel very similarly to the one that KrazyDave has in his thread.

I can get the Love controllers in a variety of output flavors. My concern is I'm not exactly sure which flavor I need. I can get them with the following outputs - Voltage Pulse, Relay, Current, or Linear Voltage. So, which output type do I want to get?

Also, the Honeywell gas valve has three input wires, 24 volt Common, Hot and Thermostat. While the PID has only 2 output connections per output. As I understand it, I want to connect the PID using the 24V common and thermostat. Is this correct?

Back