Grainfather GCA controller cord

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dranu

Reaction score
Long time lurker here but just had a disaster:

The cord connecting to my Grainfather glycol chiller adapter controller broke. I'm hoping to save the brew by getting a cord fast enough, but I have no idea what it is. It has a male m12 connector to the gc2 glycol cooler but a female smaller 3 prong connector to the controller.

Any ideas what the cord specs are would be greatly appreciated in the hope I might be able to find one quick.

Long time lurker here but just had a disaster:

The cord connecting to my Grainfather glycol chiller adapter controller broke. I'm hoping to save the brew by getting a cord fast enough, but I have no idea what it is. It has a male m12 connector to the gc2 glycol cooler but a female smaller 3 prong connector to the controller.

Any ideas what the cord specs are would be greatly appreciated in the hope I might be able to find one quick.

You should be able to find one on somewhere like Amazon or at an electronics store like Newark or Mouser.
3 pin male to 3 pin female molded cord set. Get the shielded cable version and the desired length you want( doesn't have to be same as the factory grainfather length) Gauge of the wire 22awg or 20awg. Double check the keyway location [thats the guide post the lines up the connector pins when you are attaching it] on the exsisting to match which should be a 12 o clock.

Quite likely the problem has been resolved by now. That said, this is a good example where pictures or a link to pictures (or something) that shows the plugs and receptacles might have helped.

Back