Using welshes white grape rassberry juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pizzaisgood

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wondering how I could use welch's white grape raspberry because I noticed on back it contained sulfites. Is there any way at all to get it to work. And thank you for any advice.

Just aerate the must and let it sit a day before pitching the yeast. I made a batch of this that turned out very nice.

Sure, you can use that. Winemakers use sulfites all the time- and wine yeast is very tolerant of sulfites. I have a couple of recipes posted for Welch's juices and also apple juice.

ok Im going to start my must soon, and thank you both for the quick replies.
oh and Yooper would your welch's grape recipe work with welch's white grape raspberry?

I've got a gallon sitting right now. I stabilized and backsweetened last week with a can of frozen fruit punch because it was pretty weak. It tastes fine now.

Another month to verify no fermentation and I will bottle.

Oh, and I used Yoopers recipe without acid blend.

I've got a gallon sitting right now. I stabilized and backsweetened last week with a can of frozen fruit punch because it was pretty weak. It tastes fine now.

Another month to verify no fermentation and I will bottle.

Oh, and I used Yoopers recipe without acid blend.

ok thanks, but one quick question what exactly does acid blend do?

Anyone care to share a recipe for 1 or 2 gallons? I will use the frozen concentrate.

Sammyk said:
Anyone care to share a recipe for 1 or 2 gallons? I will use the frozen concentrate.

Yooper has a recipe, it's called welch's grape juice wine I believe. That's what I just used.

Just remember if you use something with sulfite added you do not need to use campden/k-meta at the start. Too much sulfite and the yeast may not be able to start. Too much sorbate (if an ingredient in your starting product) at the beginning of your winemaking and the yeast cannot multiply.

I enjoy Jack Keller's recipe for Welch's White Grape and Peach Wine...visit his site for full recipe, but here are the basics:
3 11.5 oz cans welch's White Grape and Peach frozen concentrate
1.25 pounds granulated sugar
2 tsp acid blend
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast nutrient
Water to make one gallon
Yeast of.choice..he listed Sauternes

To make more than one gallon just multiply everything listed by the number of gallons you desire EXCEPT the yeast because one packet will start several gallons.

Latest posts

Back