Storing equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iijakii

Reaction score
Does anyone else not have a garage? I live in an apartment. I brew at my Dad's house and then carry back home with no-chill cubes and do the rest there. I keep the boil kettle and burner at his house, but everything else is at my apt.

Currently I have a chest freezer in my dining room, and a few extra buckets/carboys, mash tun, hoses and stuff sitting in the corner. What would be some ideas for classing up my operation? All I can really think of is buying a big armoir or hutch, but I'm a firm believer that that's a no-no when you live in an apartment. Talk about a royal pain to move, plus they always get annihilated when you do try to move them.

I have a big wire rack in my dining room and a closet (used to be where I fermented, now is empty). I guess it helps that there is no SWMBO to complain about it. :p

I live in an apartment, it was insane to keep my stuff organized. I ended up buying two of these shelving units and it works great. They are set up in my spare room and now I totally have tons of space. I'm currently contemplating one more just to get other clutter around the apt. into it.

I live in an apartment, it was insane to keep my stuff organized. I ended up buying two of these shelving units and it works great. They are set up in my spare room and now I totally have tons of space. I'm currently contemplating one more just to get other clutter around the apt. into it.

Pretty much how I went except I went with wire shelves.

Your only real choices are:
1- move to a bigger apartment with a spare room - takeover a wall or closet
2- dedicate bedroom walkin closet solely to brewing
3- have ugly open wire shelving all over

I suppose you could also rent out a storage unit. Sometime you can get smaller ones that would be perfect for brewing equiptment for around $25/month. Not exactly the cheapest answer but it will get the crap out of your house. You may even be able to find one close to your dad's, then you won't have to haul it as far.

Back