Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to eventually get going with m00ps brewing, courtesy of George Costanza and have a Festivus holiday ale

shoot mine is boring I guess. Im going with SJB the first letters from the town I live in. But I do have a "recycle IPA" came up with recipe and recycled cans and bottles to pay for ingredients

3 of us brew together and our last names start with P, H and D so we went with PHD Brewing.

10403208_1452134901713382_790972141594382259_n.jpg

Beechwood Brewery --- We live on Beechwood Dr. so the name was easy. My fiancee's friend is a director of art for some fancy women's magazine in LA and she's made us some sweet logos so far!

I call mine Slippery Slope Brewing...

The name came about because I get consumed by my hobbies when I should be studying for an exam or something...

Breach Heaven Brewing

Being a Combat Engineer in the US Army, I wanted to name my brewing in remembrance of falling combat engineers. In some of the prayers I have heard for these soldiers with this MOS, the last line stated is "Breach Heaven Sapper." Took it from there.

Crutch brewing is the name.

When we started our first brew the only thing we could find long enough was the bottom end of an old crutch. Hense crutch brewing

Our homebrewery, MTheads, is from SWMBO and my last names, M and T. We pronounce it "empty-heads". We imagine a label with a cartoon guy with his skull cut open, no brain inside, and him pouring a mug of beer in his empty head and a tagline along the lines of "Fill your head with something good."

At least, that's the idea.

Granted, for lack of any artistic talent I'm still without a label with the empty-headed guy, so I've opted for a theme of pretty girls for my labels. ;)

Square1 Homebrews...

I have built a few different systems.. converted coolers, Brutus10, etc. But after I sold my Brutus10 I went for a year and a half or so without brewing.

Once I started up again I basically had to start from Square1.. with both my equipment and my skill set.

I do IRONMAN triathlons and all kinds of stupid stuff so mine is IRONMAN BREWERY. What better thing but to drink my own beer after a hard day of training!

I do IRONMAN triathlons and all kinds of stupid stuff so mine is IRONMAN BREWERY. What better thing but to drink my own beer after a hard day of training!

I do as well, named mine Full Iron Brewing. I agree, nothing better than a nice cold beer after a long training day.

I finally settled on 4Stringer Brewing Works. I play bass guitar and ukulele, both four stringed instruments, so that's that.
My best friend and I brew together on his bigger setup and call it Gremmie HomeBrewing, from Pearl Jam's song Gremmie Out Of Control about a noob surfer.

Bald bastard brewery... Because I am Bald... Bastard just fit although I am sure some would call me that...

Strike-Slip Brewing Company is the name I'm using.

I'm a seismologist whose work is primarily focused on California. The plate boundary in California is such that most of the major faults - the San Andreas Fault and others that branch off of it - are strike-slip faults. (That is, one side moves past the other horizontally, not vertically.)

I've been naming my beers after individual faults, so I wanted to use a brewery name that fit the collective scheme.

I've got mine sorted:
Beer Crusades Brew co./Brewery

I've even got a small blog on my mis-adventures in my signature for anyone interested.

the idea behind the name is simpole, my local sport team are the crusaders, and our region here wear red and black and it is very well known in the country. Christchurch New Zeland btw.

Have a read. cheers.

So I have a friend at work who is a graphic designer. Ever since I started homebrewing he had been telling me that if I could think of a brewery name he would make me a logo. I'm really bad at coming up with names, so I never figured anything out.

One day he was talking șhit about me, as he frequently enjoys doing. He was telling another co-worker that my beers were unsanitary. That they were brewed in a shed with barn cats puking into them. As soon as he said that we both looked at each other and knew that had to be the name. A few days later he came up with this:

htkspCe.jpg

Ivy League Brewing Company

All the streets in my neighborhood are named after Ivy League colleges so to name the brewery after the streets where it all began was pretty simple

Cheers!

Been brewing for over a year now,
Always wanted a name but could never think of something fitting until I realized that my initials spelled JAW, I like to fish and I'm from San Diego so it kinda works, I also love pizza port, so I'm trying to work a name around Jaws without using brew co or brewing I'm lost once again. Any help ? Anyone?!

BadWater Brewing Co.

Went to ECU home of the Pirates! So I liked the idea of including pirate innuendos. I also liked the ol poison symbols so thought that would tie it all together with the water drop to make BadWater Brewing.

Always wanted a name but could never think of something fitting until I realized that my initials spelled JAW, I like to fish and I'm from San Diego so it kinda works, I also love pizza port, so I'm trying to work a name around Jaws without using brew co or brewing I'm lost once again. Any help ? Anyone?!

I always liked the idea of "brewing team" or "brew team"

JAW's Fermentorium.

I call my little home-brewing set up "Tri-County Run Brewing". Between me & my brew-bro, we have to go through three different counties to get to one another, and there is a nice circular route I can take where one way is about as long as the other. So, we make a tri-county run every time one of goes to see the other.

:D

I filed a trademark application for mine as:

"Back of the Yards Brewing Company"

It's named after a hardscrabble neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago, which I've always liked.

Someday I'd like to open brewpub there for White Sox fans to drink mightily and eat heartily.

I still haven't completely settled on a name, but I have been looking for inspiration everywhere. So far Callous Monkey seems to be holding...originally it was Ghost Monkey but then I found out there is aghost Monkey Brewery in North Carolina, or maybe it was South.....anyway, the labels I had made, the monkey looked kind of unimpressed...so the word Callous came to mind and I think it has a good ring to it.

I filed a trademark application for mine as:

"Back of the Yards Brewing Company"

It's named after a hardscrabble neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago, which I've always liked.

Someday I'd like to open brewpub there for White Sox fans to drink mightily and eat heartily.

Yards Brewing in Philly might try and block your application

I mean if Red Bull has a problem with Old Ox, then Yards might have a problem with your name

Harechaser Brewing--logo is a black greyhound, mid-stride (all four legs overlapping in the middle)--in honor of my ridiculous, enthusiastically-running dog

This is the name of a tavern in a village close to me. The pour house.
Quite fitting if you seen the village

This is an article from the Stockton Daily Independent newspaper from 1866 referencing my great-grandfathers brewery:
“Joseph Piequet sent to this office last evening a fine sample of lager beer, manufactured by his father Walter, proprietor of the Hornitas Brewery, Mariposa county. The brewery of Mr. Piequet bears an enviable name among the lovers of “good lager” in its locality and has not suffered in the least degree in the estimation of the printers in this office. A sample of Mr. Piequet’s beer will be exhibited at the forthcoming Fair.”
and thus, the resurrection of Hornitas Brewing Company was born.

I am fermenting my first beer now...but already have a name thanks to being a smarta** to the kids. Everyone agrees it needs to be this.....
Name: Have A Good Day Brewing
Label forthcoming.
Basically when my kids gripe and complain I tell them to "have a good day" sarcastically usually. Anytime they gripe they get that response.
It will work well if I ever want to open a brewery I think. "Come on in and Have A Good Day".
Might be corny...but who knows....lol.

Im thinking of calling mine Walmer Brewing, or some variation of the theme.

Walmer was the name given to my grandparents farm which they bought when he returned from WWII.

My grandmother named it Walmer as her grandfather migrated from Kent U.K. to New Zealand and Walmer is the name of the local castle.

I call mine Burly Brewing because I like to brew/drink big beers and I am a somewhat burly person myself, seems fitting. Brew big or go home! I'm trying to get my graphic designer buddy to design a logo for me of an imperial pint glass with two flexed arms coming out of the sides.

Back