Well!!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtk6006

Reaction score
Tonight after 11 days i took a hydro reading and i think its at 1 005 so im pretty sure im there? I still see some yeast floating around but thats not why i did test I wanted to TASTE IT! So i did and HOLY CRAP! taste just like what i like! Just like what i was looking for and i have made more mistakes then possible this go around! And it smells great looks clear as can be at 11 days Little bit foggy but ya know give some time and taste fantastic! I cant wait to bottle! Think im gonna wait 10-14 more days before bottle But id like to thank all of yall for helping me thru the process. It might not be some 8 point beer but it taste PERFECT! to me Thanks again cant wait to get more fermenters so i can have GALLONS AND GALLONS AND GALLONS! :)

Make sure you have a stable FG. Then when it's clear or slightly misty,rack to the bottling bucket & rock-n-roll! It'll clear in the bottles in a couple of days.

Few pics not best quality but Atleast you can see something :)

photobucket-1542-1327360007469.jpg

photobucket-6380-1327359958602.jpg

photobucket-6145-1327359921162.jpg

photobucket-7586-1327359880622.jpg

photobucket-6783-1327359840873.jpg

OK why did my airlock start bubbling again? It hasnt shown sign one in days and i ladle a lil out to test and all of a sudden it back bubbling ?

OK why did my airlock start bubbling again? It hasnt shown sign one in days and i ladle a lil out to test and all of a sudden it back bubbling ?

It's ruined. Please wait for it to stop bubbling and bottle it up with some priming sugar and send it to Boo Boo in Nfld. lol.

You're fine, RDWAHAHB

Probably just knocked some CO2 out of solution from the movement. Probably best to check the gravity again in a few days to make sure it hasn't dropped any more.

It's normal , or at least common for airlock to be a little active after opening up the fermenter. It's just because the slight 'irritation' of the yeast and/or slight change in pressure. Should be normal and no problem, take another reading in a few days, and if it seems stable bottle and continue to wait til the glorious drinking day!

Back