Hello from Overland Park, KS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myk

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and figured I should probably register and do some posting. I've just started homebrewing in the last month. A friend and I are brewing a Chocolate Porter and we're about to start up on an amber ale. The porter is about 8 days into its primary fermentation and just about to its final gravity. I took a little taste of it and so far so good. As for equipment, I purchased a Brewers Best Deluxe kit from the local homebrew shop along with some accessories to help me along.

I've been wanting to start homebrewing for about a year now, but I was in college and I didn't have a lot of extra funds laying around to start :) Along with brewing, I love working on electronics and software projects (I studied Computer Engineering in school, and I am employed as a Software Engineer now). I've already ordered some microcontrollers and various sensors so I can do some remote monitoring of temperature and carbon dioxide levels. It should be a fun little project, and I hope to post my progress in the DIY Equipment forum :).

Thanks in advance for all of the knowledge I will be gaining from this forum!

Mikael

Welcome to HBT and welcome to brewing.

If you haven't already, check out Yuri_Rage's brewing videos (check out his posts or search YouTube). He has quite a setup, sensors, pumps controlled by his brewing software, etc. With your background, you'll get a kick out of it.

Good luck with your brewing.

The link for his videos are the first 'sticky' link on the all grain section (top thread).

Stickies are threads that they position at the top of the heap due to their quality/usefulness.

Cheers.

Hey, Welcome to the site and homebrewing. I'm located in Overland Park as well. Maybe we could get together and brew or do a brew swap sometime. Have you checked out the KC Bier Meisters yet? They're a local homebrew club that I just haven't taken the time to check out yet.

Welcome myk...

Im in Olathe and work in OP. Maybe someday we can hook up! Sure you have heard of Barleys.

Anyways I started as I recieved the same or a similiar kit for xmas from my fiance.. Already brewing my 3rd batch...

Welcome to the site.. So far I have found all of my questions answered promptly and have found a wealth of info. Good Luck!

ST

Hey! I checked out those videos last night, that is quite the setup!

It's good to see some other Olathe/OP brewers! I'll have to post some photos of my current brew soon.

Back